Club1872 proposed changes

15 hours ago, pete said:

So Dave King is dictating how 1872 has to be run and holding them to ransom for a board place. Club 1872 should not want a place on the board it is a supporters club. It should be working for it's members and not bending over to Dave King.

DK has had C1872 covered from the beginning of RF.  So no change there. When the RST spontaneously combusted again, the self inflicted terminal wounds lead to a merger happening and DK could not believe his luck - total control of the fans group(s).  He was able to take a step back, drop his henchmen and ambassador from the organisation, only leave a cheap and minimal presence yet still get what he wants.

Free money, no work to be done for it and no stress. Yet he keeps the C1872 hierarchy interested, trying to nibble the carrot that is the RIFC board spot - that some of them crave so desperately. Even though it is the last thing they should want.  So much so that they want to tighten their cabal again.

Job done DK. But to be fair, DK has played a few blinders in his time.

8 hours ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

DK has had C1872 covered from the beginning of RF.  So no change there. When the RST spontaneously combusted again, the self inflicted terminal wounds lead to a merger happening and DK could not believe his luck - total control of the fans group(s).  He was able to take a step back, drop his henchmen and ambassador from the organisation, only leave a cheap and minimal presence yet still get what he wants.

Free money, no work to be done for it and no stress. Yet he keeps the C1872 hierarchy interested, trying to nibble the carrot that is the RIFC board spot - that some of them crave so desperately. Even though it is the last thing they should want.  So much so that they want to tighten their cabal again.

Job done DK. But to be fair, DK has played a few blinders in his time.

I have to fully agree with you on that looking from the outside in.

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

POLL RESULT: Club 1872 Election Process 

Over the past week, members have been voting on proposed changes to the Club 1872 election process. The results of the vote is as follows. 

1) To adopt the revised election schedule. 

Yes - 94.7%

No - 5.3%

2) To amend directors' terms to a period of three years? 

Yes - 92.8% 

No - 7.2% 

3) To amend the number of directors to serve on the Club 1872 boards to a maximum of five? 

Yes - 88.7%

No - 11.3% 

Club 1872 will now incorporate these changes into the Club 1872 Constitution and seek CIC regulator approval. In the meantime the Club 1872 election process will proceed on this basis. 

Club 1872

On 12/10/2018 at 18:20, pete said:

Club 1872 should not want a place on the board it is a supporters club. 

If you're a member, your opinion on this is in the minority.

A huge majority of members (including me) voted in favour of pursuing a seat on the board.

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

POLL: Club 1872 Board Member Affirmation 

The next stage in the election process is the affirmation of any existing Club 1872 board members who wish to seek member approval to continue for another term. 

The Club 1872 constitution allows for up to one half of the serving board to seek affirmation for another term. Under the changes just voted through by members, this means that up to two existing directors can seek affirmation. 

Following discussion amongst the existing Club 1872 board, it has been agreed that Joanne Percival and Euan Macfarlane will put themselves forward for affirmation by members. Any other existing board members who wish to seek another term can present themselves for election once applications open in the coming days. 

If affirmed, Joanne and Euan will serve a three year term on the Club 1872 board. Should they wish to continue beyond that time they would have to submit themselves for election in line with the Club 1872 constitution. 

Joanne and Euan have prepared the following statement to members in support of their affirmation. 

"With over 18 months’ experience of working together as part of a team of volunteers, and with the support of our fellow Club 1872 Directors we are delighted to take this opportunity to submit ourselves for affirmation.

We have served together as Directors for the past year, overseeing a major campaign that led to the organisation investing £1m directly into Rangers through the purchase of shares. Club 1872 remains the second largest shareholder in the club, an achievement we’re both very proud of.

In March we took on the responsibility of jointly managing the Projects Working Group, and have since delivered two projects - the purchase of an adapted road vehicle to assist supporters with mobility difficulties, and the funding of a Walking Football programme in partnership with the Rangers Charity Foundation. It has been a pleasure to work alongside the Club 1872 members who volunteer on that group, and we are currently in the process of assessing more projects to submit to the wider membership for approval.

It is our hope that with members’ support we will be given the opportunity to continue building on the strong working relationships we’ve developed within the Rangers community, including the Rangers Charity Foundation and RYDC. This would allow us to continue progressing the work we’ve started on potential projects and community engagement; we are in the process of developing a formal intake model to allow supporters to communicate more effectively with the club through Club 1872.

During the affirmation vote we will continue to carry out our duties as directors. Should we be affirmed, we will maintain our commitment through the election process which is due to take place in the coming weeks. We believe this would bring stability to the organisation during a process that requires a great deal of administrative and practical input. The affirmation process was included in our constitution to give members the opportunity to ensure the organisation doesn’t suffer the disruption caused by a whole new board coming in. We believe we have the knowledge, skills and commitment to provide stability and continuity over the coming weeks and years.

We thank you for your support over the past year and your consideration at this time."

We would ask you to vote by clicking the link below and logging in to your account - you will then be automatically redirected to the poll.

The poll will close at midnight on Tuesday 23rd October:

VOTE HERE

Club 1872

1 hour ago, Robert said:

A huge majority of members (including me) voted in favour of pursuing a seat on the board.

Why? For what (realistic) outcome?

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I just don't get that mate to be honest. it creates completely the opposite of what you are trying  to achieve. Why do you think larger political parties would rather go in opposition than join a coalition where they have nothing to say. So the 1872 rep is out-voted in a decision. Club 1872 disagree with it and then get the answer , yes but your rep was present when it was decided.  It takes totally any voice the supporters have away.

I am not a member and don't aspire to become a member. I don't really see the point in paying per month to buy shares that gives me no totally no voice. It would be a follow the sheep voice. If I buy my own shares at least I can turn up at a shareholders meeting to put my point across. Just my opinion.

11 hours ago, pete said:

I am not a member and don't aspire to become a member. I don't really see the point in paying per month to buy shares that gives me no totally no voice. It would be a follow the sheep voice. If I buy my own shares at least I can turn up at a shareholders meeting to put my point across. Just my opinion.

All fair enough but I, along with several thousand other Rangers fans, have a different opinion. Given events of the last couple of days around the Fanzone, if people still don't see the point of a large supporters block, they never will. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

All fair enough but I, along with several thousand other Rangers fans, have a different opinion. Given events of the last couple of days around the Fanzone, if people still don't see the point of a large supporters block, they never will. 

Unfortunately they are giving up the voice of all that block with trying to get one meaningless seat on the board. Dave King must be killing himself laughing if it is not him that is orchestrating it. Yes they are doing good things in sticking up for Rangers but that is what a supporters group should be doing and not pandering to other board members

C1872 is still in it's infancy, like another fledgling operation it will take time to get up to it's full potential. I;m sticking with it so see where it can go, if they get a broad representation great,  If they don't, it wont stop me from contributing, At the moment Dave King is here and running a good show, nothing is ever perfect, but this board is given a lot of leeway by the support, i think that's down to the support giving DK, The Three Bears and others a lot of respect for getting rid of the asset strippers. 

I don't see Dave King being here in a few years time, i might be wrong, but with all these new investors, most involved in the Far East investment markets.  I foresee changes in ownership. That change might see C1872 in a position to push for a board representative, but whatever i think the fans voice will be more vocal when DK is no longer the in charge. Without our shareholding our voice is diminished at board level, without the support contributing to the lifeblood of the club our voice can be talked over.

Some can say that's whats happening atm, our voices are being directed by the board, what i will agree with though is that supporters voice, through C1872 is very much in tune with the board, even to the point of some thinking the board is controlling the voice of C1872. 

We all have to pull in he same direction, we all have the same enemies, the same people attacking the club and the support. So i don't want to moan to much whilst these attacks on us continue, One for all and all for one and all that. However every infant grows up and in the future, hopefully some of attacks on us will die down and a more independent C1872 voice will emerge.