15 hours ago, Blueforyou said:

Just saw this. But to phone your international manager at 12 midnight is ridiculous when your supposed to meet up with the team next morning!

Yet he still made himself available and played for Rangers.

The correct procedure is for Gerrard to notify Michael ONeill and allow the international team doctor to do a medical.

Would you call your employer at midnight to tell him you are not working on Monday morning? Ludicrous.

Lets see how he does for Gers.

Also bearing in mind Hearts stuck by him through his gambling addiction and he walked away.

Remember he walked away also from Ibrox when the going got tough.

N.I. have a small panel and need all our players. I am so proud of the Ulster men.

Your support of NI is clouding your senses in terms of common sense.

You clearly want to scapegoat Lafferty and make him out to be some kind of treasonous individual.

He made himself available to Rangers but only played 10 minutes or so on Sunday - how do you know that in that time he could tell that his Achilles wasn't 100% ?  Does he really need to go see the international doctor if he knows he is injured ?  That may be the protocol but whats the point if clearly injured ?  How do you know that after the game, which didn't finish till almost 5, he took some time to consider whether he could, or could not, represent his country to the best of his abilities.

Your posts on this subject present an anti-Lafferty bias.  And whilst your country may need all of your players your attitude is hardly going to motivate players to give their all for their country when you call them traitors.

He has this problem for quite a while.

How can I scapegoat him as there is only him and no others.

There is protocol yes which you and him dimiss.

This player has been supported through thick and thin by his NI manager and the fans,which you ignore.

We deserve better and I am a fan of The Ulstermen and the Gers.

I think the fact he waited till midnight to make the call may suggest that he wanted to wait as long as possible before making the decision. Taking some time to decide if it were going to ease up.

Plus he's in his 30's now. Struggling to get into a team with a young guy playing well keeping him out of his club side. Rangers pay his wages and if he feels resting this injury at his age is the best way to go that has to be accepted.

Sitting on the bench loses him money so it would make sense to rest such a niggling injury in an effort to get game time with Rangers.

Come on. He should have been checked by his team doctor if that was the case and protocol observed.

If he wanted to play and not be upstaged by a younger guy why leave Hearts.

I could say a few things regarding his behaviours up to now but not in public.

But what he sews he will reap.

He walked away from Ibrox before with out worrying. And to call at mid nite is a slap in the face for our Wee Country,manager and mostly the fans who do not deserve it.

3 hours ago, Blueforyou said:

He has this problem for quite a while.

How can I scapegoat him as there is only him and no others.

There is protocol yes which you and him dimiss.

This player has been supported through thick and thin by his NI manager and the fans,which you ignore.

We deserve better and I am a fan of The Ulstermen and the Gers.

What problem has he had for quite a while ?  Late withdrawal from NI squads ?  I wasn't aware of that.  However, even if so, on what basis did he withdraw ?

Scapegoat may not be the right word, but it is clear that you dislike him for what you see to be, effectively, treasonous behavior.  Once that hits, you are ignoring to see both sides in this

I didn't dismiss protocol at all.  You suggesting that merely tells me that you have your own agenda and wont accept that protocol doesn't always need to be followed.

Nobody is ignoring that he has been supported by NI manager and fans, where has anyone said that ?  At the end of the day he is a commodity to both club and country - if neither wanted him there would be no sentimentality about dropping him from the squad.  So he, like every other player, is entitled to look after himself first and foremost too

You deserve better than what ?  He has scored a number of important goals for NI and appeared over 65 times for the country - I think he has proven his commitment to the country many times over.  He is now in his 30's, has a young family, has injury niggles and also knows that getting game time for Rangers is more difficult than it is for Hearts.... so perhaps he sees Rangers, at this moment in time, as more important to him than NI - and there is nothing wrong with that, given Rangers pay his wages and is his day job.

I'm never disappointed when a Rangers players avoids the risk of injury in a largely meaningless international fixture. Nations League, League of Nations, United Nations of Leagues, League of Monotony, Yawn of Nations

Its clear you are biased against people having a loyalty view point. He also gets paid by N.I.

He could have come and told the manager and team doctor to assess him and maybe use him as sub.

Since when does a player dictate his own medical decisions.

Loyalty seems beyond your remit and your unsympathetic view to to wards GAWA.

1 hour ago, Blueforyou said:

Hopefully you read the news when the lego muncher from the mhanks dictated what he would do regards playing for his country,so Lafferty is a mere insignificance for what he done.

22 hours ago, Blueforyou said:

Its clear you are biased against people having a loyalty view point. He also gets paid by N.I.

He could have come and told the manager and team doctor to assess him and maybe use him as sub.

Loyalty seems beyond your remit and your unsympathetic view to to wards GAWA.

I have no bias against anyone having a loyalty viewpoint - that's just a ridiculous notion.  He gets paid peanuts by NI.  It is an incredible stretch to try to equate him getting paid by NI and Rangers - put it this way... would his NI salary alone be enough for him to retire on had he never had another income ?  Highly doubtful.  His Rangers one does.  Rangers are his employers, they effectively loan him to the national association.  So it is a very big stretch on your part to equate the two.

Why would he want to be used as a sub if he doesn't feel he is fit enough to contribute ?  If he is injured why travel to NI to be assessed and told what he already knew ?

A player dictates his own medical decisions all the time - so suggest otherwise is nuts.  If a player doesn't feel right he will tell his boss he is struggling and will indeed remove himself from playing.  Do I need remind you of Boyd making his own decision in the Scottish Cup final due to heat ??  Was that not a case of a player dictating his own medical decision ?  You are flying kites here.

Why would I show any loyalty to GAWA when I am not Irish ?  My loyalty isn't to GAWA, my loyalty is to Rangers, simple.  Why should I be sympathetic to GAWA when NI isn't my nationality ?And if Lafferty isn't playing international football then that is fine by me.