Rangers and Scotland

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

So do you believe the SFA are telling McLeish not to pick all these wonderful Scottish players we have? Your argument has no logical basis. 

Players are being mentioned in this topic who have barely kicked a ball this season ?.

I live in hope you'll open your eyes and actually read my post instead of just guessing what it says. Sadly, hope doesn't always coalesce into fulfilment. ?

2 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

So do you believe the SFA are telling McLeish not to pick all these wonderful Scottish players we have? Your argument has no logical basis. 

Players are being mentioned in this topic who have barely kicked a ball this season ?.

Instead we have Aberdeen regulars who have failed every year to qualify for the Europa league.

Whereas Andy Halliday, Glen Middleton, Ryan Jack and Ross McCrorie have all featured in a very impressive run so far in Europe.

Yet we are stuck with McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie and Gary Mackay Steven....

Go figure.

43 minutes ago, craig said:

An anti-Rangers conspiracy is not confined to picking the national team.

You are using a very narrow perspective in the debate.  Admittedly, this thread is about the national team - however, Bill's post you quote is looking at a wider perspective.  I think you are both right on the points you make, but you aren't talking about the exact same thing.

I’ve been quite consistent in what I’m talking about. That there’s no evidence to suggest that our players are being unfairly excluded from the national team setup. 

15 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Instead we have Aberdeen regulars who have failed every year to qualify for the Europa league.

Whereas Andy Halliday, Glen Middleton, Ryan Jack and Ross McCrorie have all featured in a very impressive run so far in Europe.

Yet we are stuck with McKenna, Devlin, Shinnie and Gary Mackay Steven....

Go figure.

When is the last time we finished above Aberdeen in the league? They might be a poor team but we're in no position to think our players automatically have a God given right to feature ahead of them. 

Regarding our players you mention there, it's not long ago Halliday was being chased off to Azerbaijan and everyone on here thought he was pish. He's had an upturn in form recently and I'm sure if he keeps it up he'll get his chance. Middleton is not a first team starter, Jack has been selected recently and McCrorie has hardly featured at all this season! McCrorie is also the U21 captain...is the U21 manager not told he can't pick Rangers players? lol

4 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

When is the last time we finished above Aberdeen in the league? They might be a poor team but we're in no position to think our players automatically have a God given right to feature ahead of them. 

Regarding our players you mention there, it's not long ago Halliday was being chased off to Azerbaijan and everyone on here thought he was pish. He's had an upturn in form recently and I'm sure if he keeps it up he'll get his chance. Middleton is not a first team starter, Jack has been selected recently and McCrorie has hardly featured at all this season! McCrorie is also the U21 captain...is the U21 manager not told he can't pick Rangers players? lol

That is ludicrous and I have never suggested this.

However my points above still stands - we have players on the ascendancy who are operating at a higher level than the Aberdeen players who were selected.

When was the last time Aberdeen beat us?

18 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

That is ludicrous and I have never suggested this.

However my points above still stands - we have players on the ascendancy who are operating at a higher level than the Aberdeen players who were selected.

When was the last time Aberdeen beat us?

When was the last time they qualified for the Europa league groups? 

Not a fan of the Scotland team and quite happy some of our players may or may not be overlooked.

I know some players want to play for Scotland and that is their choice. 

The SFA should have been looking to develop players  a long time ago as too many clubs were just

buying foreign players, youth was not getting much of a chance. 

Recently, the best manager in the world could not help Scotland win much with the current players at disposal.

Too many players pick and choose games as there is not much competition for places. 

Where do you begin to fix the problems?

I myself don't follow the Scotland team so I'm glad that we don't have very many players being called up.

1. Scotland is absolutely dire. In the 19 years I have existed on this planet they have not qualified for a single competition. Feel like our players would be just wasting their time playing for their country.

2. Keeps them fresh for us and the prospect of picking up an injury on international duty isn't there.