Rangers and Scotland

6 hours ago, buster. said:

Regards booing our players, I think Ryan Jack gets it because of the amount of sheep in the Tartan Army.

If in the future say Ross McCrorie or Glen Middleton get a game, I don't think they'll be booed.

So what about Lee Wallace and Ian Black ?

1 minute ago, craig said:

So what about Lee Wallace and Ian Black ?

Of all the places for Black to get his cap, Easter Road was never going to be the best reception. 

When did Wallace get booed ?

Bringing it up to date, I'm not aware of McGregor being booed on Sunday.

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

We are never going to reach that heights but you see countries of similar population punching well above their weight.

Might be said that given our historic footballing tradition we could/should be reaching the heights or at least being frequently on the verge.

Croatia, World Cup Finalists 2018. Population 2017 estimate 4,154,200

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Our squad hasn't the depth required in all areas for us to willingly send players to national squads. Last time Jack was called up he returned with an injury that bit us hard in games against e.g. Livingston. We should keep our folk for the league and Europe, as well as the cups. That's a tall order anyway.

Scotland, by the looks of it, needs a settle spine or core of players and the material out there simply isn't that great. McLeish has a job on his hands here.

Doesn't bother me a bit if our players don't get Scotland call ups at this time. The only thing I currently like about international breaks is that our squad get the chance to recuperate from a hectic domestic/euro schedule.

The fewer of them playing during these breaks the better as far as i'm concerned.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Might be said that given our historic footballing tradition we could/should be reaching the heights or at least being frequently on the verge.

Croatia, World Cup Finalists 2018. Population 2017 estimate 4,154,200

Problem is our historic footballing tradition of managing to make as little as possible from decent ability.

Funnily enough, we are probably the best in the world at it.

Re. Wallace: I don't know@Scott7

6 hours ago, Bill said:

“The guy picking the team” couldn’t pick his nose, for goodness sake, and holding him up as some kind of proof that an anti-Rangers conspiracy doesn’t exist in Scottish football is taking gullibility to new levels of naivety. “We’re in the clear guys, Alex McLeish is back in charge.” ?

So do you believe the SFA are telling McLeish not to pick all these wonderful Scottish players we have? Your argument has no logical basis. 

Players are being mentioned in this topic who have barely kicked a ball this season ?.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

So do you believe the SFA are telling McLeish not to pick all these wonderful Scottish players we have? Your argument has no logical basis. 

Players are being mentioned in this topic who have barely kicked a ball this season ?.

An anti-Rangers conspiracy is not confined to picking the national team.

You are using a very narrow perspective in the debate.  Admittedly, this thread is about the national team - however, Bill's post you quote is looking at a wider perspective.  I think you are both right on the points you make, but you aren't talking about the exact same thing.