Rangers and Scotland

19 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

That is ludicrous and I have never suggested this.

However my points above still stands - we have players on the ascendancy who are operating at a higher level than the Aberdeen players who were selected.

When was the last time Aberdeen beat us?

The last time they beat us was when they beat us to 2nd place last season and the year before that too. Currently we are only 2 points ahead of them in the league, and they have had a woeful start. 

When we are back winning titles and cups we can afford to look down our noses at the rest. Then and only then.

P.S. The argument shouldn’t really even be about the team. It’s the player that’s relevant and I don’t see any of ours being unfairly missed out.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

2 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

The last time they beat us was when they beat us to 2nd place last season and the year before that too. Currently we are only 2 points ahead of them in the league, and they have had a woeful start. 

When we are back winning titles and cups we can afford to look down our noses at the rest. Then and only then.

P.S. The argument shouldn’t really even be about the team. It’s the player that’s relevant and I don’t see any of ours being unfairly missed out.

I started with that point previously - by stating that Middleton has statistically had a better start to the season the Gary Mackay Steven.

David Bates has also made a solid start to his career at Hamburg and deserved a chance before Devlin.

As for Halliday/McCrorie - well they have come out on top against Shinnie in every game I have seen.

1 hour ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I started with that point previously - by stating that Middleton has statistically had a better start to the season the Gary Mackay Steven.

David Bates has also made a solid start to his career at Hamburg and deserved a chance before Devlin.

As for Halliday/McCrorie - well they have come out on top against Shinnie in every game I have seen.

With all due respect, it was bullshit then and it still is.

Middleton is an excellent young footballer but isn't at this point in time ready for the full International squad.

In his career to date, he's played 79 minutes in League football, spread over 4 sub appearences.

He's had one full 90 minutes in his first team career, a League Cup game............and a total of 70 minutes in a handful of sub appearences in the Europa League.

Edited by buster.

47 minutes ago, buster. said:

With all due respect, it was bullshit then and it still is.

Middleton is an excellent young footballer but isn't at this point in time ready for the full International squad.

In his career to date, he's played 79 minutes in League football, spread over 4 sub appearences.

He's had one full 90 minutes in his first team career, a League Cup game............and a total of 70 minutes in a handful of sub appearences in the Europa League.

No mate these are facts.

Middleton - has scored 3 goals this season with 1 assist and has only played 284 minutes.

GMS - has scored 4 goals this season and also has 1 assist whilst playing 1054 minutes.

Statistically Middleton has had a better start to the season than Gary Mackay Steven - who IMO is extremely average.

Now you are correct in saying Middleton is not even ready for our first team - however if McLeish is going to give out caps to poor players such as GMS,  then we may as well have the debate as to whether he should have included one of the most promising wingers in Scotland at this moment in time.

24 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

All I can say is lol

There is no debating with you though, you think you are right on everything.

Simple fact is Devlin, Shinnie and GMS are not good enough to improve Scotland - so why not give players who's form is on the ascendancy a chance?

LOL indeed...