[FT] Hamilton 1 - 4 Rangers (Kent 40; Tavernier 84 pen, 87 pen; Morelos 90+4)

While DMs usually don't get much attention, I kept checking out the work of both Rossiter and Coulibaly and similar to the Livingston game, where it was Arfield, both DMs failed to stamp any sort of tangible authority on their area, nor were they noticable for any creative spark or build-up play from the back. It constantly fell to Katic (who clearly had an off day) and Goldson to play the ball up front ... where our attackers were doubled up and well covered.

IMHO, we should have changed that early in the 2nd half and perhaps thrown on Grezda on the left, with Kent moving inside. Or McCrorie to grant us more visible stability. Both in place of Coulibaly.

Our "reluctance" to replace people early is a rather noticable feature ...

Haven't really contributed much to this thread or even read through it , but for what it's worth until we get rid of these pitches we are just going to have to put up with the lottery we watched yesterday , players from both teams slipping and misjudging the ball , Pulling out of tackles and not even making runs you see every week on grass , plus there were at least 5 occasions when through balls actually checked and spun backwards because of the surface.

I am not going to be too hard on any team that plays on them , maybe we should just adopt livingstons way and play route one football on them.

6 hours ago, buster. said:

"Poor performances dressed up as acceptable" would be just words aswell.

The bottomline here is learning lessons, getting the message through to the players and them doing the business on the park.

Self-awareness that isn't acted upon is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Zero self awareness cant even be acted upon.  You are arguing semantics.

I know which one I would rather, and I will leave it at that.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Zero self awareness cant even be acted upon.  You are arguing semantics.

I know which one I would rather, and I will leave it at that.

You can have your self-awareness, I prefer seeing a reaction on the pitch.