Celtic Boys Club manager 'stuffed banknotes in boy's mouth'

On a sidenote and given the non- and diverting actions of the Celtic leaders back then and now, the only charge the SFA and SPFL may impose on them might be "bringing the game into disrepute"? There is sure no rule or guideline for what happened at the Scumhut back then and how to handle it by the authorities ... unless they use the "extraordinary circumstances" mumbo-jumbo rule of 2012 ... which is probably no-where to be found these days.

You would expect that they "order" Scum FC to deal with the affair in an "appropriate manner" and accept all responsibilities. That`s at least what I expect from that side of the story. Hopefully, the victims charge them for millions.

I think we need to divest ourselves of any expectation that the SFA or Holyrood will lift a finger to point it at Celtic. I'm fully confident this issue will be ignored until everyone grows tired of it or desensitised to the stench. That has been Celtic's policy for many years and has had the tacit approval of the SNP and Labour before them. It's a policy that has served them well and in all likelihood will continue to do so. Don't waste your time looking for justice or moral leadership in this shithole, there's precious little to be found. And if all else fails, you can bank on the courts providing a final line of protection for Celtic.

Edited by Bill

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Undoubtedly

Exactly. Peter will be on speed dial to his many friends and associates in the media to make sure this stays in the long grass as long as possible. 

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think we need to divest ourselves of any expectation that the SFA or Holyrood will lift a finger to point it at Celtic. I'm fully confident this issue will be ignored until everyone grows tired of it or desensitised to the stench. That has been Celtic's policy for many years and has had the tacit approval of the SNP and Labour before them. It's a policy that has served them well and in all likelihood will continue to do so. Don't waste your time looking for justice or moral leadership in this shithole, there's precious little to be found. And if all else fails, you can bank on the courts providing a final line of protection for Celtic.

Don't agree Bill. The lawyers are no driving this process. Celtic FC have the money to pay any compensation whereas the supposedly separate Boys Club don't have too pennies to rub together. The lawyers will want to chase the compensation money for themselves and for their clients. That means they have to chase Celtic and do their absolute best to nail them in court. Given the scale of the damage and Celtic's disgraceful denial of responsibility and refusal to cooperate I don't see any judge being soft on them.

Perhaps anyone on the forum with legal training can comment one way or another. 

To me if celtic pay compensaton is in my eye's that's an admission of guilt on their part good luck to the lads seeking compensation but i would also like to see them stripped of titles and cups won  during that period .

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Don't agree Bill. The lawyers are no driving this process. Celtic FC have the money to pay any compensation whereas the supposedly separate Boys Club don't have too pennies to rub together. The lawyers will want to chase the compensation money for themselves and for their clients. That means they have to chase Celtic and do their absolute best to nail them in court. Given the scale of the damage and Celtic's disgraceful denial of responsibility and refusal to cooperate I don't see any judge being soft on them.

Perhaps anyone on the forum with legal training can comment one way or another. 

The lawyers will be pursuing compensation for their clients on a civil basis, not for an admission of criminal wrongdoing. The difference is important and I imagine this will be engineered to ensure Celtic offers compensation without any admission of guilt. What I want to see is the employees/directors of the club that perpetrated, sanctioned and/or covered up these crimes brought before criminal courts and punished appropriately. 

Edited by Bill

16 minutes ago, compo said:

There were a lot more people involved with child abuse at this club some are still alive   some have passed away its never  to late to seek justice .

Compensation isn't justice for these crimes. Jail is justice.