Celtic Boys Club manager 'stuffed banknotes in boy's mouth'

1 hour ago, buster. said:

What Jackson does is that he brings the subject closer to the football club of today and a place where their own fans will find it ever more difficult to dismiss or try to ignore it.

------------------------

This should be all about the Victims calls for transparency and justice.

The victims and their representatives have to be those who publicly say what must be said.

Tribal confrontation will be easier for them to bat away.

I think what his piece does is place Lawwell and Lennon in the role of victims, of circumstance. I think not; I think that "they knew".  It also endeavours to separate "Bad Celtic" from "Good and Glorious Celtic", a bit like the club(s) did by renaming the Boys' Club. 

A full investigation with full statutory powers is necessary,  cross border if required. This is not in Celtic's gift, nor should the club be able to cherry pick aspects of its nature, extent, or purpose. 

Principally, the club requires to apologise to its victims, to say it is truly sorry, and to demonstrate remorse. It must offer recompense. 

If, as seems likely, an investigation reveals a cover up, the club must apologise to society at large, for concealing crimes. Anybody involved in conspiring to hide its hideous offences against children should be prosecuted. 

If, after a full, rigorous Inquiry, the club is found guilty of, say,  abuse and its concealment, whether willful or negligent, or worse,  it must be sanctioned. 

Celtic ‘should take responsibility’ for child abuse at feeder football club

Scotland’s former child welfare watchdog has urged Celtic FC to take responsibility and apologise for the systematic abuse that took place at its feeder club.

Tam Baillie, who served as commissioner for children and young people for eight years until 2017, spoke out after MSPs called for an independent inquiry into the abuse of Celtic Boys Club players. Four men who held senior positions with the club have been convicted in recent months for molesting dozens of children over three decades.

“Celtic are the biggest football club in Scotland,” Mr Baillie said. “They have a responsibility to lead on these kinds of matters . . . They should have accepted responsibility and apologised as soon as the abuse became apparent.”

Although expressing “regret and sorrow”…

DOWNFALL

Some years ago at a small gathering I had a long chat with a gentleman about Scottish Football. Knowing that he had worked with him previous, I turned the topic of conversation to the CEO of The Club Like No Other.

I opined that said CEO had done a fine job of ensuring the disgraced club had placemen at the SFA, SPL (as it was then) and UEFA, not to mention various newspaper and television platforms. The reply I got from the gentleman came as something of a surprise.

"It will all end in tears" he told me. I asked him to expand. "He's a controlling bully whose conceit and arrogance are only surpassed by his lack of self-awareness and intelligence. His modus operandi will work short-term, but will backfire on him in the long term. They will all turn on him eventually" I was told.

Full article:  https://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=269&a=downfall

53 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I think what his piece does is place Lawwell and Lennon in the role of victims, of circumstance. I think not; I think that "they knew".  It also endeavours to separate "Bad Celtic" from "Good and Glorious Celtic", a bit like the club(s) did by renaming the Boys' Club. 

A full investigation with full statutory powers is necessary,  cross border if required. This is not in Celtic's gift, nor should the club be able to cherry pick aspects of its nature, extent, or purpose. 

Principally, the club requires to apologise to its victims, to say it is truly sorry, and to demonstrate remorse. It must offer recompense. 

If, as seems likely, an investigation reveals a cover up, the club must apologise to society at large, for concealing crimes. Anybody involved in conspiring to hide its hideous offences against children should be prosecuted. 

If, after a full, rigorous Inquiry, the club is found guilty of, say,  abuse and its concealment, whether willful or negligent, or worse,  it must be sanctioned. 

With all due respect, what you think was known by X or Y is neither here nor there.

It is for an independent investigation with statutory power to determine the facts and take appropriate actions.

What I think is important is that the recent media spotlight on Celtic and it's momentum helps to force such an investigation.

At this stage, you can't reasonably expect the media to more or less start pointing fingers at individuals. Besides, their lawyers would strongly advise against it.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

With all due respect, what you think was known by X or Y is neither here nor there.

It is for an independent investigation with statutory power to determine the facts and take appropriate actions.

What I think is important is that the recent media spotlight on Celtic and it's momentum helps to force such an investigation.

At this stage, you can't reasonably expect the media to more or less start pointing fingers at individuals. Besides, their lawyers would strongly advise against it.

Whatever they are, Buster, they are not victims of circumstance. 

What remains incredible about the Celtic Boys Club abuse scandal is that this story has been sitting there for years but no prominent journalists or media outlets seemed to want to investigate it fully.