Celtic Boys Club manager 'stuffed banknotes in boy's mouth'

http://www.celticfc.net/news/7131

I remembered this yesterday. A gesture now revealed as being as worthless as a Papal indulgence. The abusers feigning concern for children. This is a morally disgusting institution. Every trophy they have won without acknowledging responsibility and compensating survivors is tainted.  (Hmmm, “tainted titles,” where have I heard that before....?)  This fact should be asserted aggressively and persistently. 

Edited by Charloch

On 03/09/2019 at 12:32, compo said:

They will not be punished by the football authorities. 

It's not even being talked about. Which is absolutely the way they want it. I cant believe no one has the fortitude to start directing conversations that way. 

The following aren't mutually exclusive:

Best way to stop Rangers having to fight fires over bullshit like naughty songs is to light them over there.

Best way for Rangers to make gains on celtic is to maximise the backdraft on this subject.

The Best way for the victims to get maximum leverage and quickest possible closure is for everybody to start talking about extreme punishments, and titles-stripped and license being withdrawn. 

On 04/09/2019 at 16:33, Rick Roberts said:

It's not even being talked about. Which is absolutely the way they want it. I cant believe no one has the fortitude to start directing conversations that way. 

The following aren't mutually exclusive:

Best way to stop Rangers having to fight fires over bullshit like naughty songs is to light them over there.

Best way for Rangers to make gains on celtic is to maximise the backdraft on this subject.

The Best way for the victims to get maximum leverage and quickest possible closure is for everybody to start talking about extreme punishments, and titles-stripped and license being withdrawn. 

A full independent police investigation is needed but we all know it will never happen 

10 minutes ago, compo said:

A full independent police investigation is needed but we all know it will never happen 

It might not. But we can delegitimise Celtic’s title and trophy successes over the relevant period. Personally I would refuse to play them until they accept moral responsibility for the cover-up of institutional child-abuse. 

Edited by Charloch

Still think it's a good idea?  Until CFC are proven beyond a shadow of doubt in a court of law to be responsible for their employees' conduct, then we are better keeping our distance.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-May-19 (MASTER COPY).pdf

Club Ceasing to Operate, Participate in and/or be a Member of the League

C50       If, for any reason and during or after any Season, any Club ceases to operate or participate in or to be member of the League or any Play-Off Competition, its playing record in the League and/or any Play-Off Competitions may be expunged by the Board and/or the Board may determine the deemed score in the remainder of its Official Matches and/or the Board may take such steps and make such determinations as to League and Divisional position and/or promotion and/or relegation and participation and/or results in and outcome of any Play-Off Competition and/or any other Competition operated by the Company and any and all such further or other steps or measures as the Board shall consider appropriate in the circumstances.

12 minutes ago, barca72 said:

Still think it's a good idea?  Until CFC are proven beyond a shadow of doubt in a court of law to be responsible for their employees' conduct, then we are better keeping our distance.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 30-May-19 (MASTER COPY).pdf

Club Ceasing to Operate, Participate in and/or be a Member of the League

C50       If, for any reason and during or after any Season, any Club ceases to operate or participate in or to be member of the League or any Play-Off Competition, its playing record in the League and/or any Play-Off Competitions may be expunged by the Board and/or the Board may determine the deemed score in the remainder of its Official Matches and/or the Board may take such steps and make such determinations as to League and Divisional position and/or promotion and/or relegation and participation and/or results in and outcome of any Play-Off Competition and/or any other Competition operated by the Company and any and all such further or other steps or measures as the Board shall consider appropriate in the circumstances.

It’s a bit like doing business with China. You do the right thing and it will cost you. We turn aside our gaze from the concentration camps and the persecution and trade with them anyway.  That’s the way of life, apparently. I was merely asserting what I would do. I don’t run Rangers so it’s not really an issue. The SFA have concluded that no club can deny responsibility for the actions of employees of their youth teams. That much is fact. Celtic are accountable.  Celtic are on the hook for this morally, whatever a court of law may decide, though I don’t have much faith in our courts these days.

I don’t decide Britain’s trade policy either. Maybe just as well for the economy.....