[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moscow

Just now, JFK-1 said:

In my view he certainly let them away with a lot while booking ours for relatively minor transgressions.

If you take it that Morelos was booked and banned for Throwing an arm in the air in a game and tonight a Spartak player threw a ball at him and got nothing.

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Not good.

Quite surprised by the second half.  Lots of unforced errors and we looked tired.

Candeias should have buried his chance in the first half.

What were you expecting?

2 minutes ago, pete said:

If you take it that Morelos was booked and banned for Throwing an arm in the air in a game and tonight a Spartak player threw a ball at him and got nothing.

I thought the Morelos booking tonight was rather soft too. The defender was arms all over him as he waited for the ball to come in. He was pushing him off which the guy made a meal of and out came the card.

But I was cringing when Morelos continued to mouth about it. The ref was behind him glaring at him as if he was just waiting for a chance to get out another card. He needs to shut his mouth after these incidents. It's dome and no amount of mouth will change it. 

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

What were you expecting?

I expected it to be good, to play better in the second half, to look fitter, make less unforced errors ...

It's a shame.  I think that each remaining fixture looks more difficult, on paper, than this one.

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

Not good.

Quite surprised by the second half.  Lots of unforced errors and we looked tired.

Candeias should have buried his chance in the first half.

Spartak were excellent in closing down though. You really have to give your opponent credit when it is due. Just unfortunate we did not take one of the chances we got. Tav should stick to penalties and not corners as he is pretty hopeless with them. It also costs too much time for him to cross the whole field to hit the first defender.

Most of these players had a decent break during international fortnight and shouldn't be tired. It's that old fear and belief thing again. Not everyone but certain players seem to buckle under the weight of expectation. We saw it at Livingston, we saw it at Hamilton and if we see it on Sunday we'll be out on our arses. 

I think the reality is it's going to take a long time to get the last few years out of team psyche. We've come a long way but the end isn't even in sight yet.