[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moscow

5 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I might be 8 pints deep, but I think if 49 year old Brian Laudrup was thrown on the park for us tonight he would have shown more heart and quality than what we saw tonight.

tonight was complete garbage. Let’s be truthful. 

That’s a bit extreme SBS. We look d tired and out of touch. Struggling to string a pass together. Ejaria was awful! Nothing in the final third really. We were very poi but we didn’t lose. That was important and I have no fears going to Russia as they are nothing special.

Take the point and move on we were just poor tonight.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Spartak were excellent in closing down though. You really have to give your opponent credit when it is due. Just unfortunate we did not take one of the chances we got. Tav should stick to penalties and not corners as he is pretty hopeless with them. It also costs too much time for him to cross the whole field to hit the first defender.

Defending was their greatest talent and even then we could/should have scored. Have to be happy with how impressive we look at this level. Carry that into the SPL and we will be sweeping the dross aside with ease.

I still think the best is yet to come as this side develops and gels further. And better than this will be magnificent.

5 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

That’s a bit extreme SBS. We look d tired and out of touch. Struggling to string a pass together. Ejaria was awful! Nothing in the final third really. We were very poi but we didn’t lose. That was important and I have no fears going to Russia as they are nothing special.

Take the point and move on we were just poor tonight.

Think I will need to watch the match again! I thought we were by far the better team, although we never created many scoring chances I felt comfortable during the game!.

I thought Ejaria  was decent tonight?

Edited by ian1964

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I disagree, surprise! I thought we were the better team overall

There was some great play on show tonight especially from Kent. Spartak will be more than happy to have escaped with a point and make no mistake that's a quality side we just totally outplayed.

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Think I will need to watch the match again! I thought we were by far the better team, although we never created many scoring chances I felt comfortable during the game!

Mate, watch the last 10 mins again against RV. We were playing a better team tonight, but we were absolutely on fire. There was none of this tonight.

we were not good. 

Just in from game and happy + relieved to get the point as the ending had all the elements of being hit with a sucker punch then the dissapointing shot by Grezna.

Agree that it is time to have other takers of set ball/corners as Tav is wasting far too many.I remember earlier in season that Kent had the ability to take corners on either side and using both feet.

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Just in from game and happy + relieved to get the point as the ending had all the elements of being hit with a sucker punch then the dissapointing shot by Grezna.

Agree that it is time to have other takers of set ball/corners as Tav is wasting far too many.I remember earlier in season that Kent had the ability to take corners on either side and using both feet.

100% agree with everything you say MacK that’s how I feel at the end.

It just shows how far we have come and how our expectations have risen that we are disappointed with tonight's draw/result .

This mob spent a fortune in the summer , are a champions league team usually  , we didn't look out of place at all.

Yes I am disappointed , especially as I had 2 coupons riding on a home win , however , at the start of this many many fans were happy just to be in Europe and wanted it over ASAP so as to concentrate on the league , oh how opinions change so so quickly ..