[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 Spartak Moscow

I wonder how many of us could have predicted at the start of the season we’d be joint top of a EL group after 3 games ?? Not many I ‘d suggest.

And I think there are those in our support who forget how far we’ve come in such a short space of time.

Leaving the stadium at full time last night I couldn’t help notice a fair bit of dissatisfaction around me at not being able to get the victory we probably deserved against a side who were there for the taking. 

We must be more patient & realise that the road back to the top will have many ups & downs along the way. Like last night was.

4 hours ago, craig said:

Almost every time you mention us blowing teams out the water, we lose.  So on YOUR head be it on Sunday.

I don't recall ever predicting blowing anyone out of the water in a game then losing. I don't recall predicting blowing anyone out of the water at all. I have predicted a better league position which didn't pan out but that's something else entirely.

And I still say we're a far superior side to the sheep. In my view Spartak are a better side than anything else in the SPL including the lauded yahoos. In the end we didn't get the desired result but we did outplay them and on another night it could have been a comfortable win such as that against Rapid at Ibrox.

After everything that has happened over the past few years I can understand the reluctance of those with a slightly superstitious bent to say we will beat anyone but I'm not superstitious, I'm simply looking at what I see in front of me. And what I see is a far better side than the sheep have.

The realistic among the sheep who watched that last night were left terrified about what awaits them on Sunday and have been expressing fears of being 3 down by halftime. I simply feel exactly the same as they do from the evidence of my own eyes. They know we're a far better side than them and I know it too.

2 hours ago, craig said:

You say it almost every other week.  You didn't say it against Livingston ?  May not in direct  terms but the inference is usually there.

Either way, it was a tongue-in-cheek remark.

I predict a win every week but then again so do most others. And in that respect so do most of the professional pundits and the bookies too.

As for the sheep very few if any of these professional pundits and bookies will be predicting anything other than a Rangers win on Sunday. So i'm actually just typical. Hell even one of their own players is saying this in the record today.

He's saying that because he knows as well as I do that we're well capable of 'blowing them out of the water' on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I predict a win every week but then again so do most others. And in that respect so do most of the professional pundits and the bookies too.

As for the sheep very few if any of these professional pundits and bookies will be predicting anything other than a Rangers win on Sunday. So i'm actually just typical. Hell even one of their own players is saying this in the record today.

He's saying that because he knows as well as I do that we're well capable of 'blowing them out of the water' on Sunday.

I think like DB you completely lack any objectivity. This isn’t an attack, just an observation. 

In fairness to DB, I actually think he talks more sense now. Possibly because we aren’t completely rotten for the first time in a while.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

7 hours ago, craig said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion - just doesn't mean it is right :thup:

Doesn’t mean I’m wrong either. 

Last night was tiresome to watch. We struggled to keep the ball and just looked lost in the final third.

Hopefully in the remaining games we see a return of the high powered energy and exciting creativity that we have shown in spells this season.

Been a funny start to the season, though things certainly look massively improved. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Derek Ferguson says it is breaking his heart to support Aberdeen but he has to want the best for his son and see him in a final.