First Poppy of the Season

5 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Just seen it on the telly. Far too soon.

Why? there is only a couple of weeks till Remembrance Sunday and hopefully the whole crowd at Ibrox that day will have bought poppies and wear them proudly.

Been having a wee read of discussions on another site about Poppy wearing and the Rangers Poppy in particular.

1. Some are saying that the Rangers Badge Poppy devalues what the Poppy is all about.

2. Also that Poppies are worn far too early, namely by TV personalities. 

Tend to agree with No.2. 

I put a poppy on my coat on Wednesday. It's the first time I've worn a metal poppy, it's a commemorative one.

I don't think I'd wear the Rangers one though, I'm not altogether comfortable with mixing football and poppies. Perhaps an exception can be made for Hearts. 

On 26/10/2018 at 17:12, BEARGER said:

Been having a wee read of discussions on another site about Poppy wearing and the Rangers Poppy in particular.

1. Some are saying that the Rangers Badge Poppy devalues what the Poppy is all about.

2. Also that Poppies are worn far too early, namely by TV personalities. 

Tend to agree with No.2. 

I haven't worn a poppy since poppy facism first raised it's ugly head; mind you, it's cost me a few bob extra as I still feel obliged to donate as I explain why I wont take one.  Shame that people are using what was a great charity  for political/tribal ends.

I’ve had an enamel poppy badge in my lapel since I bought it in 2014. I couldn’t give a shit whether anyone thinks this was four year too soon or is now four years too late.

Too soon? Really, just f*ck off.