Selling the shirts

Yesterday the wife took me to Braehead shopping centre I noticed one sports shop selling our new home kit looked at the fat man's rag store they had none on sale returns the corner and comes across anothe Celtic shop (well stocked ),when will we open an outlet selling kit and other stuff I said it before there was a ģood empty unit next to the subway at Saint Enoch Square a good location to catch the fans on their way to Ibrox to me it looks like we are sadly lacking in this department of making money .

Why do you think owning shops is a way of making money? The one at the stadium aside I can't think of one good reason we should be moving into high street retail again. I'd be astonished if Celtic make any money from their shops these days. 

I think folk like to see what they are spending their money on , online try the Rangers shop online it's the worst of any teams sites I have seen merchandise is of short supply , in other words it's crap .

The physical store is not always about it’s own sales, it acts as advertising and opportunity to see and touch the merchandise and try on the shirts etc.  It will also help increase online sales as the shop acts as a reminder and prompt to purchase. I think we need a Rangers store outside of Ibrox to be our showcase as many fans may never get to the superstore at Ibrox if they don’t get to games very often. 

Went into the stadium shop last night, spent 5 mins roaming around as there was not much on offer tbh.

No new kits on show and most of the old kits and other merchandise had MEGA DEAL labels which i believe are Sports direct branding so nothing much to see or indeed purchase.

On-street shops are a waste of time and money. The High Streets are dying all over Britain, why would it be different for Rangers? What would be useful a complete re-vamp of our online sales to bring it in line with the best in class. As for "advertising", who would we be advertising our merchandise to .. presumably only those who already know about it and want to buy it. No, if we need anything it's improved marketing of the Rangers brand to counteract the negativity being smeared all over us by the likes of the BBC and Scottish press.

3 hours ago, compo said:

I think folk like to see what they are spending their money on , online try the Rangers shop online it's the worst of any teams sites I have seen merchandise is of short supply , in other words it's crap .

I can't comment on the quality of merchandise or someone's expectations of it. From my perspective working in partnership with established retailers like JD Sports and Greaves solves the problem of having a high street presence. The simple truth is if Rangers merchandise is popular enough it'll be given more space in-store. 

We're not yet living in 'normal' times with regards merchandise. The Sport's Direct issues haven't been resolved and as such we're clearly still very limited in where our merchandise can be sold. I don't think we can be properly judged on this yet. 

I asked this question on other forums, ''Can the club sell it's own club branded merchandise through retail and online, even though we have a merchandise contract with Sports Direct'' Not had a definitive answer to that question yet.

If the answer is yes, the club can sell it's own merchandise retail and online. That would be a huge bonus for us, also one way of circumventing Ashley's stranglehold on our sales. If we can't then the club has been royally fecked over and done up like a Kipper here.

Edited by aweebluesoandso