24 minutes ago, craig said:

You'd be surprised 26th....

As our admin on the German board use to say: the success-driven no-time-for-anything Playstation-generation. If something doesn't click, howl to the moon, throw it out of the window and buy the next game ...

49 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Just saw a still from their goal ... methinks Worrall was penalized earlier for laying his hands on their defender at one of our corners:

He's got the palm of his hand on Goldson's head and presumably his other hand on his shoulder. That solves the mystery of why he didn't jump then!

2 hours ago, craig said:

There are plenty on Twitter calling for his head.  Muppets, the lot of them.

Crazy. But to be a real success he needs to show he can learn from these repeated mistakes, and above all make some more very smart acquisitions in the transfer market.

That's an interesting photo. Read an interview with Vincent Kompany recently and he talked about something I'd not thought of before. He was being asked about heading and how to do it well and in his opinion the secret is 'owning the space' where the ball is going to land. Sounds simple, of course what he meant by that was making sure no other player can get in that space and meet the ball before you. So using your strength, timing your jump, blocking someone else, holding them off or simply out-muscling them. That photograph brought him to mind. Lewis Ferguson is 5'9" and under 12 stone, Goldson shouldn't be getting bested for a high ball from someone like that, foul or not. 

2 hours ago, craig said:

There are plenty on Twitter calling for his head.  Muppets, the lot of them.

I will agree with you there. We would need a new manager every few weeks if it was left to some.

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

That's an interesting photo. Read an interview with Vincent Kompany recently and he talked about something I'd not thought of before. He was being asked about heading and how to do it well and in his opinion the secret is 'owning the space' where the ball is going to land. Sounds simple, of course what he meant by that was making sure no other player can get in that space and meet the ball before you. So using your strength, timing your jump, blocking someone else, holding them off or simply out-muscling them. That photograph brought him to mind. Lewis Ferguson is 5'9" and under 12 stone, Goldson shouldn't be getting bested for a high ball from someone like that, foul or not. 

I seem to recall that Ferguson had a bit of a run on the ball and so could attack it which probably gave him some advantage over Goldson. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

I will agree with you there. We would need a new manager every few weeks if it was left to some.

There was a guy behind me on Thursday night who bellowed "Grezda, you're useless!" after Grezda's first touch.  

Gerrard needs time but we're still allowed to be a bit miffed about losing a semi final to a sub-par Aberdeen side.