17 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I still think Grezda will start, makes sense!.

Wonder which Rangers player will be sent off?

I agree. Grezda will be more mobile than Sadiq (who isn't tbh?...). A industrious and mobile front 3 of Kent, Candeias and Grezda will hopefully cause them problems. The rest of the team will be the same as Thursday.

Wes or Shagger ?

Despite McGregor having an excellent season, it was Wes IMO, who made the best save of the season from a Rangers keeper against Kilmarnock in this competition. On the presumption that Wes has continued to train well, I think it'll come down to how the arrangement of Wes getting LC games was 'signed off'/agreed.

I'll leave it to SG and would be happy enough with either.

Centre-Forward ?

On the presumption that Sadiq will start on the bench, that leaves us without a CF which may mean that instead of trying to shoehorn someone into being a CF for the day, I think we'll play a system that doesn't include a CF. 

- False 9

- Two guys up running channels, creating space, etc

- 4-3-3

??????????????

If we employ a speedy threesome, the sheep will probably sit deeper and it could develop into a nervous stalemate.

A first goal before the 20th minute would suit us just fine.

Looking forward to the game.

I reckon it will be something like ...

McGregor/Fotheringham

Tavernier - Goldson - Worrall - Flanagan

Jack - Ejaria - Arfield

Candeias - Kent - Middleton/Grzeda

... with either Kent, Middleton or Grezda taking up the left-wing and/or striker slot. Good thing is that they can all play there, if not regularly. Could well be that Middleton starts, for after getting a new deal, he'll be full of enthusiasm. Well, he always is anyway.

Jack will patrol the area in front of the defence, with Arfield and Ejaria getting freedom to either attack or play the creative part.

I would assume that given Aberdeen's physicality, Worrall will get the nod ahead of Katic.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think we'll play a system that doesn't include a CF. 

- False 9

- Two guys up running channels, creating space, etc

Don Revie.

6 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Don Revie.

Old School :D

Wes

Tav........Goldson........Worrall.......Flanagan

Candeias....Jack.....Ejaria......Kent

Arfield......Middleton

Some solidity with wide options who are disciplined and can defend (main sheep danger is wide IMO).

Arfield can drop deeper if necessary to help out the middle two (will need to be fully fit because he'll need to put a real shift in)

Middleton doesn't appear to be as tactically disciplined/drilled as some others but I'd give him a roving role and tell him to go out, enjoy, make a name for yourself and cause them problems.