11 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Quite like the look of that lineup.

As for Don Revie I  remember the furore surrounding the deep lying centre forward tactic. The trouble was only Don Revie could play the position.

Practise makes perfect (or at least better).

We've had very little time to drill the players wrt a new way to play so I think it'll be a way that keeps as many players as possible in their customary place. Hence Candeias and Kent where they usually are and a practised understanding on both flanks between them and the respective full-backs.

Middleton hasn't played enough to hve a customary position, so he's the guy who get's a slightly different role that may suit his relatively less tactically disciplined side. Arfield will have to put the kilometres in middle to front and can be adaptable dependent on how game is going.

Edited by buster.

Put Kent up front with Middleton left to roam right to left but the dons will be lumping in the  challenges so he might not last the referee will play a big part , will he let the dons lump us or give us some protection .

My major concern for this is that they're going to be kicking and grabbing from the outset. Is the ref going to allow this or let some football be the deciding factor.

Even their bleating following are asking for little more than a kicking match in which our players are injured and ideally in their view seriously injured.

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Aberdeen v Rangers