Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

4 hours ago, pete said:

My team is:

McGregor

Tavenier Goldson Worrel Halliday

Ejaria Arfield Kent

Morelos

Playing with nine might make it more of a challenge  :D

Re. LB: .....We have Barisic to come back once his injury is sorted.

Edited by buster.

26 minutes ago, buster. said:

Yes I forgot to put in Jack and Coulibaly. It was late when I wrote it.

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

Agreed but if Tav or he is injured we only have Flanagan and I aired my opinion on him. The Mermaid took him to the cleaners on Sunday and as I say he offers nothing going forward and is part of the problem of just passing it to Worrel or Goldson.

26 minutes ago, pete said:

Agreed but if Tav or he is injured we only have Flanagan and I aired my opinion on him. The Mermaid took him to the cleaners on Sunday and as I say he offers nothing going forward and is part of the problem of just passing it to Worrel or Goldson.

Flanagan is a fairly robust and adaptable defender that the manager has confidence in. IMO he's excellent cover for Tav, someone who up until now hasn't missed many games through injury.

For a more offensive approach, we have Barisic.

GMS is currently on a decent run of form, taking on just about all full-backs and getting by them.

Passing the ball along the back line happens a lot in modern football and is often down to other reasons than the defenders inability to do something else.

12 minutes ago, buster. said:

Flanagan is a fairly robust and adaptable defender that the manager has confidence in. IMO he's excellent cover for Tav, someone who up until now hasn't missed many games through injury.

For a more offensive approach, we have Barisic.

GMS is currently on a decent run of form, taking on just about all full-backs and getting by them.

Passing the ball along the back line happens a lot in modern football and is often down to other reasons than the defenders inability to do something else.

Funny how Tavernier seems to get it forward on a regular basis but Flanagan can't. That is a hell of a lot of other reasons per game.

12 minutes ago, pete said:

Funny how Tavernier seems to get it forward on a regular basis but Flanagan can't. That is a hell of a lot of other reasons per game.

Over the piece, I think Tav has been an exceptional creative outlet during his time with Rangers and to compare him with other full backs wrt to going forward will often see the other way behind him.

That said, when Barisic is available and playing well, he isn't far off him.

Having Barisic, Flanagan and Halliday for LB is more than adequate.

Tav and Flanagan for RB aswell IMO.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers v Kilmarnock - Time to get up and dust down

Because Tav is so attacking, Flanagan is almost always going to tuck in when that happens.  Tav is one of our primary attacking outlets so even when Barisic plays I wouldn't expect him to be gung ho either on the other flank.

Flanagan is limited in attacking sense (mainly due to be on the opposite side) but he's twice the defender Hodson ever was.