Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

46 minutes ago, pete said:

Now you are making things up I said Flanagan can defend better. Going forward there is nothing in it or Hodson may even be slightly better than Flanagan as Flanagan offers totally nothing going forward.

Did I miss something?

Is Lee Hodson now in contention for a place in our team?

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Did I miss something?

Is Lee Hodson now in contention for a place in our team?

I hope not. I also hope Barasic is fit soon so as Flanagan is not in the team.

(Part of) The money we spent on Grezda might have been better invested in Jordan Jones (back available tonight after 2 game ban).

You have to question the wisdom of signing a player who obviously wasn't going to be fully up to speed for months (difficult to give him gametime in so many important games).

I say that whilst recognising the general improvement in recruitment in the summer.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

(Part of) The money we spent on Grezda might have been better invested in Jordan Jones (back available tonight after 2 game ban).

You have to question the wisdom of signing a player who obviously wasn't going to be fully up to speed for months (difficult to give him gametime in so many important games).

I say that whilst recognising the general improvement in recruitment in the summer.

Grezda was a gamble, a player who if fit and ready may have been out of our price range. It’s been claimed Grezda was the best player for a decent Osijek side.

I’m not sure Jones will ever be at the level needed. 

Just now, Waltersgotstyle said:

Grezda was a gamble, a player who if fit and ready may have been out of our price range. It’s been claimed Grezda was the best player for a decent Osijek side.

I’m not sure Jones will ever be at the level needed. 

Players tend to come at a price for good reason.

I'd agree that he was a gamble but the point I was attempting to make was we had the 'Final Third' problem to solve immediately but bought a creative player that wasn't going to be properly up to speed for months.

I just happen to rate Jordan Jones and think he may well develop into a real player. I look at him and think he could be a Lovenkrands type who could be used through the middle of occasion.

Looking towards tonights game, you can see why Kilmarnock have done so well when JJ is one of several real threats that they pose going forward.

We have signed two players from Croation side Osijek, Barasic and Grezda, and Katic a Croation player.  Barasic and Grezda seem to be suffering from long term injury problems and Katic after a bright start cannot get a first team place. Fair enough taking a punt on one player from Eastern Europe but three? 

3 minutes ago, les186 said:

We have signed two players from Croation side Osijek, Barasic and Grezda, and Katic a Croation player.  Barasic and Grezda seem to be suffering from long term injury problems and Katic after a bright start cannot get a first team place. Fair enough taking a punt on one player from Eastern Europe but three? 

I'm happy with the Katic and Barisic signings (providing there is no longterm injury that f**ks up their time at Ibrox).

Not so happy about Grezda.

Edited by buster.