Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

It’s another draining performance as the realisation of how mediocre we are kicks in? There is no penetration and something isn’t right? We have not looked the same team since Katic was dropped for Worrall strangely?

We can’t break teams down and we don’t look cohesive again. There was on field arguments in the first half as concerns Pete highlighted re Flanagan played out in front of us.

Its the managers job to sort this. The league will not be ours but right now we have scored 1 goal in 170 mins. I also think we have had less than ten shots on target in that time? Abysmal!!

I'm not sure if our form relates directly to the Worral/ Katic situation but what I would say is that we have done more chopping and changing than I would have hoped for. I get that it sometimes it can be horses for courses and we have had some injuries but I would have tried to keep the same team/shape as much as possible. Even tonight, changing the keeper made no sense to me.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

We have signed three players from the Balkans but instead play loanees and sub-par players from England.

Something doesn't sit well.

Barisic will be first choice when fit.  Not much we can do about that just now.

Katic has, arguably, played his way out of the team.

I did wonder about Grezda during the match though.  Why has he played so few minutes?  It looks like Kent is suffering a dip in form so perhaps it would have been a good idea to play Grezda instead.  Perhaps we will see him start in the next match.

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We have signed three players from the Balkans but instead play loanees and sub-par players from England.

Something doesn't sit well.

To be fair, Katic has played but hasn't been the same since his injury. Barisic and Grezda have had injuries. The Katic one is the biggest concern. If we are crow- barring a 21 year old 5th choice CB from Forest (as part of the loan terms) in front of our own player, that would be a worry. Worral's not been poor but I don't see him as a huge step up from Katic

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Once again a substandard performance from Flanagan/Coulibally/Kent/Worral being the worst.

Would like to see Wallace being used at left back as he looks as if he will put in a shift/effort going by the pictures of him in the training gallery photos.

Referee more than poor as he didn't seem to know the rules on injuries as He made Goldson go off when he was injured by a foul that the Killie player got booked for very poor.

Worrall continuing to play concerns me.  His distribution is poor and he just seems very average.  Katic looked a much better defender prior to his injury.

Is Gerrard playing a loanee due to the agreement or does he give preference to his compatriots?  

Froze my toes off on Sunday and again today for this utter pish.

I'm no joining the sack so and so bandwagon at all, but ffs Gerrard get it sorted. If his name wasn't Steven Gerrard and he hadn't got us into the Europa League then there'd be a lot more questions being asked of his utterly abysmal league form.

I think the main reason why we perform better in Europe but not in the league is because we are constantly hitting teams on the break whilst in Europe and those teams generally play a lot more openly against us. In the league however teams seem to have a tendency of just sticking every man behind the ball whilst looking to frustrate us. Aberdeen have done it against us with success, and so have Kilmarnock now.

I'd drop Joe Worrall. I don't think he is a bad player at all but he is far too slow on the ball for my liking. Ruins the pace of the game for me. Feel like our back four is desperately missing Katic's aerial prowess. 

I'd also have Barisic back (I'm fully aware he is injured) Flanagan is a good choice defensively (apart from today) but he is utterly useless when it comes to getting forward. Barisic is a lot more solid going forwards and we could use his crossing ability. 

Hate to sound negative, but we need to start picking up. If we get beat at Ibrox off of Celtic in December then our season is done. That will be a do or die game imo.

So frustrating.

The last few games have been hard to stomach that’s for sure. 

But the way teams are setting up against us could be viewed as back handed compliment as they now know if they open up we are able to hurt them.

With that said tonight was always going to be a tough game as Kilmarnock have not conceded more than one goal in their last seven matches in Glasgow under Steve Clark. 

But now we need to get behind the team in the next few matches and hope we can stay in the pack. Other teams around us will drop points this weekend  and we need to make sure we take advantage.

Stay calm and carry on is the message just now.

2 minutes ago, RTB2004 said:

Froze my fucking toes off on Sunday and again today for this utter pish.

I'm no joining the sack so and so bandwagon at all, but ffs Gerrard get it sorted. If his name wasn't Steven Gerrard and he hadn't got us into the Europa League then there'd be a lot more questions being asked of his utterly abysmal league form.

I think the main reason why we perform better in Europe but not in the league is because we are constantly hitting teams on the break whilst in Europe and those teams generally play a lot more openly against us. In the league however teams seem to have a tendency of just sticking every man behind the ball whilst looking to frustrate us. Aberdeen have done it against us with success, and so have Kilmarnock now.

I'd drop Joe Worrall. I don't think he is a bad player at all but he is far too slow on the ball for my liking. Ruins the pace of the game for me. Feel like our back four is desperately missing Katic's aerial prowess. 

I'd also have Barisic back (I'm fully aware he is injured) Flanagan is a good choice defensively (apart from today) but he is utterly useless when it comes to getting forward. Barisic is a lot more solid going forwards and we could use his crossing ability. 

Hate to sound negative, but we need to start picking up. If we get beat at Ibrox off of Celtic in December then our season is done. That will be a do or die game imo.

So fucking frustrating.

I'd go as far as to say that the league is already over. After a stuttering start, the Tims are finding their form (and goals) and we look like a team that will struggle to put a run together. If we are close to the them (5/6pts) by the game in December I will be very surprised