Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

3 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Was really hoping for a reaction from the players after Sunday, but unfortunately just turned out to be more of the same, a lot of huffing and puffing ,with little substance.

Agreed. I hate to say this and single out a player but I'm beginning to be slightly concerned about the wisdom of bringing Lafferty in. I just don't see him fitting into our team and playing in a 2 with Morelos

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

You simply cant escape the effect the ref had in this game , yet another absolute roaster ,he saw things that no one else did , fouls you expect to go one way went the other , continually stopped play , and was very very lenient with his cards . 

The ref was poor but we didn't drop points because of him. We were just poor

3 minutes ago, rbr said:

You simply cant escape the effect the ref had in this game , yet another absolute roaster ,he saw things that no one else did , fouls you expect to go one way went the other , continually stopped play , and was very very lenient with his cards . 

Bang on the money mate. Walsh is another Beaton!

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Over the years we have often had a bad spell at this time of year.

Need to come out of it at St.Mirren and start scoring goals and winning matches again.

Agreed. I'm genuinely gutted tonight as I feel that the league is essentially done and dusted now. I really thought we were building momentum but it appears now we look like a team that will struggle that will put together a sustained run. Draws are as good as defeats these days and now that the Tims have ironed out much of their early season rustiness, our league challenge is over IMO.

They played with 8,9 10 men behind the ball all night. They had our wide men doubled up on all night. There was a corner when I counted 7 of their men on their six yard box. 
That's hard to break down.We need to change our tactics a bit and entice them out closer to the halfway line and then split their defence.
Our forwards may be good enough but our midfield lacks the quality to service them. Also we need to start shooting more from outside the 18 yard box.

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. I'm genuinely gutted tonight as I feel that the league is essentially done and dusted now. I really thought we were building momentum but it appears now we look like a team that will struggle that will put together a sustained run. Draws are as good as defeats these days and now that the Tims have ironed out much of their early season rustiness, our league challenge is over IMO.

Tbh I don't think it was ever realistic this season.

I'd always looked to next season for a real challenge and the title either next season or the following.

Unbelievable stuff. 

We are so reliant on going down the wing that it looks like we don’t know how to run the ball through them.

So many times there were gaps that could be run into and we passed it (square or backwards).

On Killie, they are one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen. Every dirty trick, they used it.

The ref lost control of the game from

kick off. He was less than pathetic.

Was the Morelos booking for a dive correct or was it a penalty?

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Tbh I don't think it was ever realistic this season.

I'd always looked to next season for a real challenge and the title either next season or the following.

Neither did I tbh but I did hope we could keep close to the top for as long as we could but now I can't even see that happening

8 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Unbelievable stuff. 

We are so reliant on going down the wing that it looks like we don’t know how to run the ball through them.

So many times there were gaps that could be run into and we passed it (square or backwards).

On Killie, they are one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen. Every dirty trick, they used it.

The ref lost control of the game from

kick off. He was less than pathetic.

Was the Morelos booking for a dive correct or was it a penalty?

Dissent.