Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

6 minutes ago, pete said:

We may not win it but it is far from over. Kilmarnock will take points off of most teams. Just thank god we don't watch them as our team. No wonder Scottish football is knackered when the second top team in the league can produce nothing better than ten men in their last third for 95% of the game.

A provincial team who are second top team in the league at this stage only have to go away to the big two and do a job. The league isn't necessarily won against Rangers or Celtic but it could be lost, if you are a provincial team.

8 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Unbelievable stuff. 

We are so reliant on going down the wing that it looks like we don’t know how to run the ball through them.

So many times there were gaps that could be run into and we passed it (square or backwards).

On Killie, they are one of the dirtiest teams I’ve seen. Every dirty trick, they used it.

The ref lost control of the game from

kick off. He was less than pathetic.

Was the Morelos booking for a dive correct or was it a penalty?

Even though we try to utilise the wings I feel we are not entirely successful. How many times do our wingers/full backs get to the by line and cut crosses back? It's the hardest ball to defend but we rarely craft those positions

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have been working and didn't see it in fact just discovered the result and the stats seem to tell a familiar tale.

We had 61% possession and 19 shots at goal against 7 for Killie. We had 7 shots on target against 2 for killie and 13 corners against 4 for Killie. We're outplaying these teams and failing to win. I just don't know what to make of it. 

If you watched the game you would know what to make of it.

We were crap.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have been working and didn't see it in fact just discovered the result and the stats seem to tell a familiar tale.

We had 61% possession and 19 shots at goal against 7 for Killie. We had 7 shots on target against 2 for killie and 13 corners against 4 for Killie. We're outplaying these teams and failing to win. I just don't know what to make of it. 

Apart from our goal, which was a deflection we didn't create any clear-cut chances.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Don't let stats fool you. We are not outplaying anybody at the moment. In the last 4 games the opposition have been happy to drop deep and give us the ball so that somewhat skews the possession stats. With regards to shots on target, that is also misleading as we are simply not making the opposing teams keepers work at all. Outplaying teams to me is getting behind their defence, creating chances and giving their keeper plenty to think about. These things have not happened in our last 4 games

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

5 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I see similarities between this season and Le Guen's season ,what with mediocre league form ,knocked out of the league cup, and yet a good European record.

No relevance, just something that came to mind. 

I have been thinking similar for a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I see similarities between this season and Le Guen's season ,what with mediocre league form ,knocked out of the league cup, and yet a good European record.

Maybe Lafferty will be spotted with a packet of Monster Munch in the next few days/weeks.

I said at the start of the season that we desperately needed a playmaker.  I think I was spot on.

Edited by Gonzo79