Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have been working and didn't see it in fact just discovered the result and the stats seem to tell a familiar tale.

We had 61% possession and 19 shots at goal against 7 for Killie. We had 7 shots on target against 2 for killie and 13 corners against 4 for Killie. We're outplaying these teams and failing to win. I just don't know what to make of it. 

Surely the stats that matter are that in all competitions we are -1 goals in 270 minutes of football?

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Don't let stats fool you. We are not outplaying anybody at the moment. In the last 4 games the opposition have been happy to drop deep and give us the ball so that somewhat skews the possession stats. With regards to shots on target, that is also misleading as we are simply not making the opposing teams keepers work at all. Outplaying teams to me is getting behind their defence, creating chances and giving their keeper plenty to think about. Neither of these have happened in our last 4 games

That was a statement once made by Dick Advocaat. Not word for word but he said sometimes it is good to let the other team have the ball.

6 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

I see similarities between this season and Le Guen's season ,what with mediocre league form ,knocked out of the league cup, and yet a good European record.

No relevance, just something that came to mind. 

Just now, cooponthewing said:

I have been thinking similar for a few weeks.

If I remember correctly a big part of the problem for Le Guen was that he thought mediocre league form was tolerable.

This manager won't tolerate it.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

If I remember correctly a big part of the problem for Le Guen was that he thought mediocre league form was tolerable.

This manager won't tolerate it.

The biggest fault PLG made was letting Barry Ferguson back into the team.

1 minute ago, pete said:

That was a statement once made by Dick Advocaat. Not word for word but he said sometimes it is good to let the other team have the ball.

I was thinking that very thing tonight. Should we have dropped deeper to allow more space? Christ, I don't know anymore. Well frigging pissed off tbh

It’s another draining performance as the realisation of how mediocre we are kicks in? There is no penetration and something isn’t right? We have not looked the same team since Katic was dropped for Worrall strangely?

We can’t break teams down and we don’t look cohesive again. There was on field arguments in the first half as concerns Pete highlighted re Flanagan played out in front of us.

Its the managers job to sort this. The league will not be ours but right now we have scored 1 goal in 170 mins. I also think we have had less than ten shots on target in that time? Abysmal!!