Rangers 1 - 1 Kilmarnock

49 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Yep, league is over. We're 4th and have just not beaten one of  the in-form teams right now ... some folk really should grow a spine as well as starting to develop a certain objective perspective of things. Toys out of the pram time comes far too quick these days ...

The league is far from over, that is just defeatist nonsense that you're spouting there.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

The ref was certainly not great and influenced certain passages of play. If they were decisive is debatable.

pete, Power could have been sent off after less than half an hour.  He had 3 fouls, all of which were every bit as bad as Ryan Kent's first foul, for which he was booked.  So 3 fouls, no booking.  one foul, booking.  Power then got booked after about 29 minutes for a cynical foul when Kent (I think) had broken beyond him.  He had previously executed virtually the same foul.

We dropped the points tonight, of that there is no doubt.  But a referee does have a direct impact on proceedings.  The lack of consistency is so frustrating.

And, no, I am not blaming the ref - but highlighting that a consistent ref would have red carded a Killie player who would then have had to play an hour with 10 men..... we probably still wouldn't have scored mind you :(

6 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

The league is far from over, that is just defeatist nonsense that you're spouting there.

der Berliner wasn't the one saying the league was over - he was criticizing those on the forum who DID say it.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Morelos got booked for dissent after he didn't get the penalty

I sit in the Broomie, I thought it was a definite foul/trip on Morelos, I didn't think it was in the box though, I haven't seen it again but it looked like a trip?

2 minutes ago, craig said:

pete, Power could have been sent off after less than half an hour.  He had 3 fouls, all of which were every bit as bad as Ryan Kent's first foul, for which he was booked.  So 3 fouls, no booking.  one foul, booking.  Power then got booked after about 29 minutes for a cynical foul when Kent (I think) had broken beyond him.  He had previously executed virtually the same foul.

We dropped the points tonight, of that there is no doubt.  But a referee does have a direct impact on proceedings.  The lack of consistency is so frustrating.

And, no, I am not blaming the ref - but highlighting that a consistent ref would have red carded a Killie player who would then have had to play an hour with 10 men..... we probably still wouldn't have scored mind you :(

I agree with what you say but the fact is Power never committed one foul after being booked so he was smart enough not too and Rangers weren't smart enough to put him under pressure.

5 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Tonight's Ref' was Nick Walsh, was he not in charge during our League Cup visit to Rugby Park earlier in the season? He missed Morelos knocking the ball almost a yard over the Killie goal line.

“Nicholas Walsh” would not be unhappy if we were finding things difficult. They got away with kicking us off the park again last night. That said; I didn’t think we looked anywhere near up for it? Coulibally has decided he doesn’t want injured again I think? Don’t know wats happened to him?

7 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

I'm afraid it is and there has never been solid grounds to say otherwise wrt our league results.

The glimmer of hope in the first couple of months was down to Celtic not being at it either. The reality is that they have a better squad and have now kicked into gear and in over the 20 plus games left, they are going to pull away because we are still not at the level required and have a shallow squad.

If we take a step back for a moment and look at it in context: A draw against Kilmarnock is not the end of the world. They're a very good side; well coached, well drilled and near impossible to break down on a good day.

As for title ambitions, I don't think that was ever a realistic target this season; never was. I want 2nd place, preferably by a comfortable margin. We're still well in the hunt for that. 

The concerning thing for me is that, for a good few games we've been really poor; unable to create chances and, crucially, to take them. It may partly be down to the opposition -- tough, deep defensive blocks -- but there's no doubt we've looked almost clueless at times. 

I think it's hilarious that after results like this we all seem to know, without doubt, what we need to improve. It's always a formation change. The latest was a change to a 4-2-3-1 and/or play 2 up top. Well, we changed to a 4-2-3-1 and it was still poor; and when Lafferty came on we went 2 up top, and it was still poor -- the latter was almost worse! (4-4-2 doesn't suit us playing Scottish sides: it's too easy to man-mark. 2 up top could be a good option, but it'd need to go down the 3-at-the-back route.)

I thought we were/are on to a good thing with the 4-3-3; it just needs tweaking, better/more coaching. I don't think we should be throwing out the baby with the bathwater. 

It is desperately disappointing, though.