Annual results / AGM 27th November

Rangers are a "Brand".  Over the past few years it will have been difficult for business development & marketing people to sell that brand to those willing to play the big bucks.

Similar to any football club, the majority of revenue comes upfront from season tickets.  After that it then comes down to things like sponsorship & corporate sales - game by game.  When you are riding on the crest of a wave, it's easy to sell the product for a premium - champions league matches etc.

We are getting there.  sponsorship & corporate sales will have taken a massive boost this season & I'm sure will be looking health in the next figures.

7 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Rangers are a "Brand".  Over the past few years it will have been difficult for business development & marketing people to sell that brand to those willing to play the big bucks.

Similar to any football club, the majority of revenue comes upfront from season tickets.  After that it then comes down to things like sponsorship & corporate sales - game by game.  When you are riding on the crest of a wave, it's easy to sell the product for a premium - champions league matches etc.

We are getting there.  sponsorship & corporate sales will have taken a massive boost this season & I'm sure will be looking health in the next figures.

To a degree but really we are still very much a football club.

What I mean by that is that we very much depend on our football results to develop financially.

IMO we need to win the title and get into the CL group stages to turn things around.

IMO. a serious 'brand' in football is basically those at the very top end of European football who can generate relatively huge amounts of money via deals with large corporations. Those brands are strong enough, that they might soon not even have to depend on performance to get into elite competition.

AC Milan have done diddily squat for years yet they appear to be a potential founder member of a rumoured breakaway league for the powerful and their guests. 

9 minutes ago, buster. said:

To a degree but really we are still very much a football club.

What I mean by that is that we very much depend on our football results to develop financially.

IMO we need to win the title and get into the CL group stages to turn things around.

IMO. a serious 'brand' in football is basically those at the very top end of European football who can generate relatively huge amounts of money via deals with large corporations. Those brands are strong enough, that they might soon not even have to depend on performance to get into elite competition.

AC Milan have done diddily squat for years yet they appear to be a potential founder member of a rumoured breakaway league for the powerful and their guests. 

Results & the success of the brand go hand in hand....that was my point.  You simply can't charge top whack, playing in the 2nd division.  We are starting to claw that back though.  We have a manager to has single handed raised the profile of the brand, simply by who he is.  Our current Euro run will be doing wonders for corporate clients.

Overall the team/club is generating positive media coverage & interest - that will drive up revenue.

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Results & the success of the brand go hand in hand....that was my point.  You simply can't charge top whack, playing in the 2nd division.  We are starting to claw that back though.  We have a manager to has single handed raised the profile of the brand, simply by who he is.  Our current Euro run will be doing wonders for corporate clients.

Overall the team/club is generating positive media coverage & interest - that will drive up revenue.

To that degree, yes.

One thing I never see are figures projecting future financial performance, which would be hugely interesting. Not in an annual financial report of course but surely the club has a financial plan that must include broad targets, assumptions, etc. 

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

One thing I never see are figures projecting future financial performance, which would be hugely interesting. Not in an annual financial report of course but surely the club has a financial plan that must include broad targets, assumptions, etc. 

Will never happen.....Companies generally won't make their business plans public in any format.  It wouldn't be in the best interests of the company.

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

Will never happen.....Companies generally won't make their business plans public in any format.  It wouldn't be in the best interests of the company.

Well, aside from the fact that Companies DO (though are not obligated to) provide their forward looking EPS numbers.....

20 minutes ago, craig said:

Well, aside from the fact that Companies DO (though are not obligated to) provide their forward looking EPS numbers.....

can you imagine the uproar if Rangers failed to meet any of those targets???

They get EVERY statement they put out analysed in minute detail & criticised by their OWN fans, what would it be like with financial projections??

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

can you imagine the uproar if Rangers failed to meet any of those targets???

They get EVERY statement they put out analysed in minute detail & criticised by their OWN fans, what would it be like with financial projections??

I'm not advocating it Darthter, I'm just pointing out it does happen.