Uncalled for booing

At full time last night, the booing ringing around the stadium was very disappointing to hear. Whether some of it may have been attributable to yet another poor refereeing performance, this time by Nick Walsh, is neither here nor there. Frustration at dropping points is understandable especially in light of Sunday's result, but to resort to booing players that to a man try, is ultimately self defeating, and on so many levels.

Zero humility shown by far too many fans if you ask me and little acknowledgement of the fact that Kilmarnock are a good team.

Time to get behind the lads. The last thing we need is to give fuel to a media fire designed to put undue pressure on Stevie.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

I thought it was directed at the referee, certainly by the fans around me in main stand.

Unfortunately, around where I sit mate, the ire was directed at the players far more than Walsh. Will be interesting to hear what others think.

I'm sorry but after all the talk about putting on a performance to say sorry for Sunday and then to turn in another abject failure of a performance as a team collective then there isn't a team in the world that wouldnt get the bird after that ineffective garbage last night.

I dont go in for that myself, but I dont have an issue with those who do. I also thought most of it was probably directed at the ref who was the latest in a long line of woeful one-sided whistlers.

This is Rangers, we have higher standards and demand success. When the only consistency we show is in consecutive sub-standard performances it is little wonder the fans who have stumped up a lot of cash and bought into the hype generated by the club itself are getting antsy.

What should fans do? We give unmatched backing when the team plays well, are we not entitled similarly to react to poor performances? Whose money is paying their wages? I've always believed Rangers fans are incredibly honest at reflecting what the club offers them and that's how it should continue to be. What's not acceptable is the periodic and irrational victimising of certain players whether the team is playing well or badly.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'm sorry but after all the talk about putting on a performance to say sorry for Sunday and then to turn in another abject failure of a performance as a team collective then there isn't a team in the world that wouldnt get the bird after that ineffective garbage last night.

I dont go in for that myself, but I dont have an issue with those who do. I also thought most of it was probably directed at the ref who was the latest in a long line of woeful one-sided whistlers.

This is Rangers, we have higher standards and demand success. When the only consistency we show is in consecutive sub-standard performances it is little wonder the fans who have stumped up a lot of cash and bought into the hype generated by the club itself are getting antsy.

I hear you mate, but to boo limited players especially after their efforts and exploits in Europe is short-sighted to say the least.

Expectations are one thing and I'm fully cognisant of Rangers 'standards' but a bit of realism amongst these people wouldn't go amiss.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

What should fans do? We give unmatched backing when the team plays well, are we not entitled similarly to react to poor performances? Whose money is paying their wages? I've always believed Rangers fans are incredibly honest at reflecting what the club offers them and that's how it should continue to be. What's not acceptable is the periodic and irrational victimising of certain players whether the team is playing well or badly.

Do they need to boo this early into the season Bill? I could understand this far more if this happened in mid February for instance, not the end of October.

Cant argue with that at all, just saying i completely understand the paying punters who show their frustrations in that manner.

Europe has glossed over what has been a pretty awful league start. 12 points dropped in the first 10 games is dreadful. The fact we are not already completely out of the title race is due more to the tims weak start than ours.

3 clean sheets in 10 league games as well shows that for replacing 4 out of the back 5 we are still leaking too many goals, and therefore needing 2 to win in any match which is not how you win titles.

I am happy enough to allow SG to make some mistakes (subs, tactics, player choices) along the as any rookie will, as long as we see some sort of improvement in performance and results in our bread and butter. I dont think we can say we have improved much for the huge outlay in summer 2018 in terms of domestic results. A huge outlay that nobody else apart from the tims were able to spend.

17 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Unfortunately, around where I sit mate, the ire was directed at the players far more than Walsh. Will be interesting to hear what others think.

Had another look at SG after match interview, he does mention booing. So you may well be correct.

Edited by BEARGER