Uncalled for booing

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm in the main stand too.

Around my seat most of the people booing were directing it at some guy waving a saltire.

Another Brit Nat trying to change the thread to his favourite subject.

57 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm in the main stand too.

Around my seat most of the people booing were directing it at some guy waving a saltire.

Was it a Rangers fan? If so, why would they boo a guy waving a Saltire? The UB wave saltires. The official club flag wavers have done this. Are we not allowed to be "proudly Scottish" now? Confused.com

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Was it a Rangers fan? If so, why would they boo a guy waving a Saltire? The UB wave saltires. The official club flag wavers have done this. Are we not allowed to be "proudly Scottish" now? Confused.com

:D

Relax. I didn't see anybody with a saltire in the main stand.

12 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

:D

Relax. I didn't see anybody with a saltire in the main stand.

Sorry buddy. Just getting tired of all this conditional fan bollox. I support Rangers. I'm originally from Govan. They were my local team. Scottish? British? TBH I don't really care. I just want to support my team without a huge list of conditions. It seems that's what some people would impliment if they had their way. 

Anyhoo...I'm off topic. I'm not that into booing...

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

10 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

On the loanees, I think you are being a tad harsh. Kent's done ok but not briiliant. Ejaria has shown promise and IMO is always looking to do something positive. They're young players so we probably have to show some patience (me included). 

I disagree with both yours and Frankie's post below yours.

Kent does very little for me. In 21 games this season he has scored 3 goals and had two assists. In only a few of those games he was subbed so has played 78% thats most of the minutes of those 1890 mins available. I cant remember the last time he hit the by-line. He gets to the edge of the box and then cuts in field mostly to a congested central area and more often than not the ball ends up in or around the D or within 5-10 yards of it either losing it or laying back to one of our CDM's. He never seems to be able to slide/slot the ball through or see a pass to a player making runs into the box. Or he picks the ball up deep and runs across the field from one wing to the other and eventually lays off a short pass to Tav. What concerns me is that he looks busy and because of that players around him give him the ball expecting him to do something with it whereas in truth there is virtually no end product. He loses the ball far too easily either because he's eased off it too easily or because he loses control of it. Although he was more of an inside midfielder we criticized Jason Holt for being brushed off the ball too easily. I'd prefer to apply the same critique here. Contrast that with Middleton who has 3 goals and 1 assist who has had 13 sub appearances and played a grand total of 14% of the available minutes from 23 games, see's defence splitting passes early and makes them and also hits the by-line on a regular basis when he gets a start.

Candieas hasn't been much better and has played slightly less minutes/games and has 1 goal and 3 assists so neither of our wingers who have been getting regular appearances have been particularly effective. Ejaria has 2 goals and 0 assists from playing 82% of 21 games so he's not doing much either although at times he looks nice on the ball and has decent close control. Arfield has 5 goals 2 assists from 78% of 19 games which is a far higher return than his team mate in there. 

The player who is the most productive in the team is James Tavernier who has 9 goals and 7 assists from playing for 95% of 23 games yet people are very critical of Tav when in reality he's by far our best performer and has also had 7 shut outs being a defender also.

Edited by Big Jaws