[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Candeias 80; Morelos 90+2)

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

One goal in three games, with no victories, is rot as far as I'm concerned.  We weren't exactly awesome at Hamilton either.

We are 4 points behind the Scum, 6 behind Hearts. If things go according to plan, we snatch three points in Paisey and are either 1 point behind the Scum or 2 points behind league leaders Hearts. Going by that stat, these teams must have been rotting away as well.

You see, I know what you are saying, but we've probably had a woeful sequence of games against two "hard-to-beat" sides and one which had players who alone cost as much as our entire squad. Maybe we should take a step back and see the bigger picture, rather than looking at singular games. There is every chance that we'll win quite a few games on the trott, if we keep the Spartak game's level of football ... and finally start playing 2 strikers.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's all about standards.  I don't care what the scum are doing, we should be beating the likes of Aberdeen, Killie and a poor Spartak Moscow side.

If I turn that around, the Scum should have had 6 double-trebles on the trott, but neither money nor quality players nor wishful thinking nor expectation will dictate what happens on the football field 24/7. That wisdom is one a football fan will learn early on though, wouldn't he? Hence I remarked that taking a step back every now and then and looking at the overall status quo is useful to evaluate things. Having said that, I am actually with you in saying that in the here and now we should have beaten Accies, the Sheep and Killie ... and on another day (with a bit of luck and more adequate refereeing) we sure would.

That's the team I would have gone for (maybe Katic for Worral). I think Ejaria is progressing and feel if he has more mobility in the final 3rd from team mates he can damage teams.

Really buzzing to see Grezda. Let's go for the throat from the first whistle. I think something got to give here. We've had 4 poor showingS on the bounce so surely we are due a performance?

C'mon Rangers

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Excuse my ignorance but who is Flute?

Lafferty and, yes, he's injured.

Generally though, I think that's the team most of us would have picked so  let's hope we do the business.