[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Candeias 80; Morelos 90+2)

3 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I tend to agree. If he is fit then he would be worth a shout. I'm not sure how long Barisic is out for? I remember a few years back Wallace was the best Scottish player on the park at Wembley (3-0 defeat) and if he could offer performances like that, surely he is a better shout than Flanagan?

Since September of last year, Lee Wallace has played about 30 seconds of first team football (Motherwell, 95th minute sub).

There is or was an 'ongoing situation' and he is 4th in the LB pecking order and the probability is he won't be playing for us again.

19 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Don't know what anybody else thinks but to me Wallace is the best overlapping left back we have had through the "journey" and done well enough in his SPL appearances so if in full training is a possible answer.

Katic should return in place of Worral who over the last two games made several schoolboy passes that put us in trouble.

Kent needs a rest so we should see Middleton start,Arfield and Jack should start as Coulibally has gone off the boil and Halliday should get a place as he is beginning to show promise at last.

Methinks he had some injury earlier in the season, but from the galleries of late, he looks like being back to full fitness. SG said that he wanted him back, but for some reason, he's not been given his chance.

Halliday's adaptability - holding MF, left MF, left fullback - when playing might give him the nod ahead of Wallace, who is essentially "only" a good left back. If things don't change, I expect him to leave in January.

Gerrard has a big decision - stick with some regulars who havent performed in the last few games and give them another chance or make changes - welcome to management. But the good thing about SG is he wont shy away from a decision.

St Mirren were the opponents on my first trip to Ibrox, the opening game of 1989-90 season and they won at Ibrox with Chris Woods knocking himself into the post and allowing a tap in.

But this team have lost 9 out of 11 games in the league, if we cant win this comfortably then there is something wrong. I would take an ugly 1-0 win just to get the 3 points, a run of wins has to be top priority

Edited by Gribz

One of the key things we really need to improve is our early tempo. It looks like we seem happy for games to settle down and then we almost just expect things to happen. Let's go for it from the first whistle and show the same urgency we've sadly only shown in the last 10 minutes of matches lately. IMO, tempo is key. It lifts the fans and spreads belief in the players.

I really hope Grezda gets the nod. Tell him to go out there and own the game as we really need some new ideas and quality in the final 3rd. 

26 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

One of the key things we really need to improve is our early tempo. It looks like we seem happy for games to settle down and then we almost just expect things to happen. Let's go for it from the first whistle and show the same urgency we've sadly only shown in the last 10 minutes of matches lately. IMO, tempo is key. It lifts the fans and spreads belief in the players.

I really hope Grezda gets the nod. Tell him to go out there and own the game as we really need some new ideas and quality in the final 3rd. 

High Tempo indeed, push them back and take players on in one on ones (we have the personnel to do it). Even if we don't get through, we'll get dangerous free-kicks and maybe penalties.

Fancy Tav for a goal today.

We really need to have a more attacking midfielder getting around Morelos. We are now one man in the middle and two wingers 30 yards away. Then we have two defensive minded midfielders in Jack, Coulibaly or Ejaria who does more twisting and turning than a day on the waltzers. Celtic have McGregor and Rogic both getting around the striker. Unfortunately Stevie Naismith would have been perfect for that role but unfortunately we bought the backside of a theatre costumed donkey. 

22 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

If that's "rot", you wonder what happens should we loose a couple of games ... ?

One goal in three games, with no victories, is rot as far as I'm concerned.  We weren't exactly awesome at Hamilton either.