Gerrard brands Daniel Candeias' red card an 'embarrassment'

Dunno if it has been posted, but what a joke this is ...

https://twitter.com/stemccook1872/status/1058730550004011008?s=19

You wonder why ... well, the BBC knows:

Morelos then hammered home an angled shot in stoppage time before Candeias picked up a second yellow card.

The substitute, who was booked for celebrating his goal with fans, was given another card for aggressive behaviour in the aftermath of Morelos' goal.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46000444

Edited by der Berliner

It looks like anti-catholic, anti-Portuguese racism to me. Oh, wait a minute, the Ref', Wullie Collum is a RE teacher at a denominational school. I think we must ask Neil for a decision, he is now the Grand Poobah of the brown Fadouk on all such maters?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Will we ever find out exactly why Candeias was sent off?

He didn't appear to do anything to warrant a second yellow. 

Surely Rangers will be told? then they should let everyone know, especially Rangers fans

58 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Arfield’s booking in the first half was almost as bad as the red card

Spot on Rab, I am sick of the refereeing standard in Scotland, but more so against us! Arfield clearly won the ball then the St Mirren player kicked the sole of Arfields' boot, also the lack of protection for Morelos in particular is shocking, he gets targeted in every match and right from the kick off yet some of our fans have a go at Morelos for his retaliation, if he was getting the protection most players do then maybe we wouldn't see so much reaction from him.

I am in no doubt our players are refereed to a different standard, no not paranoid! it is fact when you see how teams are continually allowed to bully/assault our players in every match yet any tackle by our players result in a yellow card, or red.

Ryan Jack was also a victim of the poor refereeing standard to today and I thought he would have been sent off. SG/Rangers FC need to start making a bit more noise regarding the way our players are treated.

I expect the usual ''the ref never affected the match'' shouts from our own fans, but if you can't see different standards applied to our players then you must be blind.

Good 3 points today and we move on to the next match.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The refs are definitely incompetent.  But we do seem to get more than our fair share of bad decisions. 

To be fair a St Mirren player got booked for what looked a good tackle to me.