Fast Track Tribunal Update| Daniel Candeias, Rangers FC

Player: Daniel Candeias, Rangers FC

Match: St Mirren FC v Rangers FC

Date: 3 November 2018

Competition: SPFL Premiership

Offence: B1l

Claim: Mistaken Identity

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Wednesday 7 November 2018

Outcome: Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-imposed.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

So he was not mistaken to have done nothing wrong.

IMHO, they just say "yellow cards can't be appealed" red tape bla bla

The roolz are the roolz.

We paid our money, appealed with little prospect of the card getting overturned, it didn't, we move on.

What we have done is highlight the obsurdity of the decision that went against us, (probably worth 1K).

I didn't see how mistaken ID would work and tbh, I doubt the club expected anything different.

Had the St.Mirren defender (AF) not been booked then maybe but he was booked aswell.

Edited by buster.

Well hell mend the SFA and their nonsense disciplinary / appeals processes.  I hope the club lawyers up and takes them to task. 

Its maybe not the most important issue in the world, but we are down a first team player for the weekend for a ridiculous decision, so fuck them.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

The roolz are the roolz.

We paid our money, appealed with little prospect of the card getting overturned, it didn't, we move on.

What we have done is highlight the obsurdity of the decision that went against us, (probably worth 1K).

I didn't see how mistaken ID would work and tbh, I doubt the club expected anything different.

Had the St.Mirren defender (AF) not been booked then maybe but he was booked aswell.

I agree, this wasn't really about having the decision overturned, it was more about exposing it.  However, now that it has been exposed, what will be done?  Nothing!