SNP - Poverty by Taxation is a Virtue

2 minutes ago, craig said:

You can stand by your posts as much as you like - doesn't make them any less nonsense.

Explain to me how you can determine that I "look down on people" given you know absolutely nothing about me - so you know who I am as a person because of a simple statement on an anonymous forum ?  The arrogance is oozing from you.  I didn't have to say anything about familial background or looking down on people, until such time as you made a quantum leap of a judgement based on virtually nothing.  Yes, I look down on people so much that I sponsor kids into football programs, have loaned people money (which I never got back - is what it is) to stop them from being evicted, have assisted people in financial hard times, volunteer my "expertise" to probably the poorest demographic in Bermuda and also provide guidance to kids looking for scholarships from hardened backgrounds.  Yep, right enough, I look down at those very people.

Do me a favor - don't judge me until you know me.  

I was never not even-handed - presenting one area of failing in the exchequer's tax raising ability is not absolving other areas, nor is it showing support.  Again, your rush to judge is not only ill-informed but stupid.

If we can't make judgements or form an opinion after reading posts made on here then we may as well close messageboards down.

The opinion was to do with what you said about this particular subject matter and not any wider context.

I'm not going to go further round in circles.

All the relevant text,  language, tone, claims and subsequent backtracking/emotive defence is in the thread to go over.

If we disagree, fine. 

1 minute ago, craig said:

You have no idea what is said to people in the background and the requests made of them.  There is a fine line between general insult and personal insult.  

your right, I have no idea what is said to other posters in the background....but I do see what is posted, and I see more often than not that nothing has changed.

I can honestly say, I have NEVER reported a post or a poster for ANY of the comments that have been directed at me.....I may review that.

21 minutes ago, craig said:

Well, aside from the fact that is simply untrue.  YOU were discussing the overall welfare and tax issue - I was discussing one element of it.  Didn't realise that every thread must include every nuance of a particular subject area - didn't realise we could look at just one failing area.  My bad.

Seems you wish to dictate the terms of discussion - so next time I post I will ask your permission on the subject area in advance.

No it is, I replied to this post.

Dictate, no but it'd be nice if you could get your facts straight before shouting "untrue" again. 

On 05/11/2018 at 00:28, craig said:

Unlucky or unfair ?  To not be in the UK and still have to pay UK taxes....

im not complaining right enough.  I’d have liked to not have paid the taxes but I paid them nonetheless.

how many benefits spongers are simply “lucky” ?

hard earning taxpayers are paying for benefits cheats and plenty people actually say “good for the cheats” because in their warped, simplistic view of the world they think they are screwing the government..... they aren’t, they are bending over every single taxpayer.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

If we can't make judgements or form an opinion after reading posts made on here then we may as well close messageboards down.

The opinion was to do with what you said about this particular subject matter and not any wider context.

I'm not going to go further round in circles.

All the relevant text,  language, tone, claims and subsequent backtracking/emotive defence is in the thread to go over.

If we disagree, fine. 

It wasn't forming an opinion - it was making a judgement.  A personally offensive one.  But as you will.