SNP - Poverty by Taxation is a Virtue

The final days of SNP madness are not going to be pretty to watch or easy to endure.

I thought it was only Catholics who were plagued by perennial guilt. However, it appears the first minister believes hard-working people of all denominations south of the border have much to atone for after receiving what she described as a “shameful” tax break from the chancellor Philip Hammond.

Fear not, though, for Nicola Sturgeon has announced she intends to save us from our iniquities and alleviate our shame in Scotland. So rejoice, hard-working Scots. You will not have to feel self-reproach for taking home a little more of the money you earn, because you’re not going to get it.

The problem, of course, is not many people feel self-reproach over the desire to spend a little more on their families.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/michael-glackin-shameless-sturgeons-high-tax-policy-and-virtue-signalling-are-failing-us-all-7cxtmlmdb

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

The final days of SNP madness are not going to be pretty to watch or easy to endure.

I thought it was only Catholics who were plagued by perennial guilt. However, it appears the first minister believes hard-working people of all denominations south of the border have much to atone for after receiving what she described as a “shameful” tax break from the chancellor Philip Hammond.

Fear not, though, for Nicola Sturgeon has announced she intends to save us from our iniquities and alleviate our shame in Scotland. So rejoice, hard-working Scots. You will not have to feel self-reproach for taking home a little more of the money you earn, because you’re not going to get it.

The problem, of course, is not many people feel self-reproach over the desire to spend a little more on their families.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/michael-glackin-shameless-sturgeons-high-tax-policy-and-virtue-signalling-are-failing-us-all-7cxtmlmdb

She is the new Messiah or a fucking crackpot maybe both .

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

This sort of thing will lose them votes. Silver linings and all that...

Absolutely. Westminster has run rings around the SNP, showed them the corner and watched them paint themselves into it. Westminster always knew the SNP would have to take the tax route eventually and that this would be their undoing. The SNP knew it too but their bigotry and self-righteous arrogance made it irresistible. It will be painful for many but worth it to see the back of ScotNattery.

Edited by Bill

No party exists that represents me.  Democracy in the UK is a joke.  We had two Yes or No referendums and we're still squabbling about those - that's before you even get into the endless shortcomings of the parties themselves. 

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I wouldn't mind paying a wee bit extra tax if I had any faith in the government.  As it is, I wonder what nonsense I'm actually paying for.

You’re paying for an Independence drive.