Does Morelos get due credit

Does Alfredo Morelos get the credit he deserves? Should Gerrard target Wayne Rooney on loan? A leading Sports Scientist gives insight into the effects of Rangers' punishing schedule.

https://www.acast.com/recordrangers/doesalfredomorelosgetthecredithedeserves-shouldgerrardtargetwaynerooneyonloan-aleadingsportscientistgivesinsightintotheeffectsofrangerspunishingschedule

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

The majority of the Fitbaw hacks simply don't really want to give him any credit and when some is forced out of them after an observation from another,  it usualy comes in the form of ....'yes, he's got some talent but.......'.

A lot of our support aren't too disimilar although it's not for the same motive and I'd include myself.

If he keeps working at his game and improving, I think he can get to a really high level.

Working at his game includes controlling his petulant side. In recent games there have been signs that he is making a real effort to do so.

Ronney of 2019, ..........no thanks !

No....he doesn't.

Freddo is a cracking player who offers a helluva lot to the team as a whole.  He works VERY hard throughout the game - working defenders, holding the ball, bringing other players into play.  He is also no a completely goal hungry striker - he will give up a shot to allow an easier finish (sometimes).  He also regularly scores goals (which is handy).

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

No....he doesn't.

Freddo is a cracking player who offers a helluva lot to the team as a whole.  He works VERY hard throughout the game - working defenders, holding the ball, bringing other players into play.  He is also no a completely goal hungry striker - he will give up a shot to allow an easier finish (sometimes).  He also regularly scores goals (which is handy).

Agree with all that. The one thing I would work on would be his body langauge. He needs to drop the petted lip and slumped shoulders when things are not going well. It gives opponents something to feed off IMO

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

He needs to drop the petted lip and slumped shoulders when things are not going well. It gives opponents something to feed off IMO

I think that is just him....I get the impression he sets high standards for himself & beats himself up when he doesn't hit them.  If you focus on changing that, he may lose some qualities as a player.

7 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I think that is just him....I get the impression he sets high standards for himself & beats himself up when he doesn't hit them.  If you focus on changing that, he may lose some qualities as a player.

Fair point. I just think body language in sports can be crucial. Look at Andy Murray over the years. He's lost crucial points/games due to his awful body langauge when things are not going well IMO. It only serves to give his opponent a lift. 

One thing I think that has improved with Morelos is his finishing. He's scored goals this season he would have probaly missed last season IMO.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

One thing I think that has improved with Morelos is his finishing. He's scored goals this season he would have probaly missed last season IMO.

He's still young & developing.  His composure & finishing will improve (given the right instruction/direction).  I also think his temperament IS improving....he's getting his head "back in the game" quicker & starting to walk away from potential "flash points".

I think the fans make their appreciation of him more than clear on match day. Personally, I wouldn't be too bothered about getting credit outwith the Ibrox family. 

But that's just me. 

On a side note, there's something about this time of year that really brings out the flavour of coffee. 

Simply delicious. 

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

He's still young & developing.  His composure & finishing will improve (given the right instruction/direction).  I also think his temperament IS improving....he's getting his head "back in the game" quicker & starting to walk away from potential "flash points".

Cue a red card in the 1st minute in Moscow ....?

Upon your head be it Darthter!!

2 minutes ago, Pensively Staring said:

I think the fans make their appreciation of him more than clear on match day. Personally, I wouldn't be too bothered about getting credit outwith the Ibrox family. 

But that's just me. 

On a side note, there's something about this time of year that really brings out the flavour of coffee

Simply delicious. 

If the rain stays away, Autumn is my favourite season. Used to go to NY in Oct every year for about 10 years (before the nippers) and one of my abiding memories is the smell of fresh coffee and bread on a brisk Autumn morning.