Does Morelos get due credit

23 minutes ago, compo said:

If only he would stop picking up these silly bookings .

Is he REALLY picking up any more than the rest of the team???

As I mentioned in the Candeias thread - His 1st yellow in the last game was stupid & completely avoidable (the 2nd an embarrassment for the ref)....but as a result, he will miss the next game.  I don't see anyone commenting on his "silly booking"...

3 hours ago, Darthter said:

Is he REALLY picking up any more than the rest of the team???

As I mentioned in the Candeias thread - His 1st yellow in the last game was stupid & completely avoidable (the 2nd an embarrassment for the ref)....but as a result, he will miss the next game.  I don't see anyone commenting on his "silly booking"...

Allan McGregor is another; has shown real stupidity on a couple of occasions this year in big games.  He's got away with it so this experienced player in his  late 30's is not considered so much a risk temperament wise as young Alfredo Morelos.

I don't see it happening but I would take Rooney in a heartbeat providing it wasn't costing an arm and a leg. He wont have the pace he once had but pace isn't what made him a great. He still has all the other attributes that made him a great and he would score and create for us.

If it were up to him I think he might do it as a gesture to Gerrard. But would his American side who are reportedly paying him around £200,000 a week which we could cover a relatively tiny fraction of want to put him into a league of 'hammer throwers' where the chance of injury is ever present ?

I imagine they would think it a good idea to have him playing and keeping match fit during their close season but Scotland might not be a desired location for them. 

I would say there is no way we would get Rooney for various reasons but anyone who wouldnt take him should ask again. Rooney behind Morelos would be that creativity spark needed.

We do need to try get away from having loanees long term but in the meantime if it assists in building us back to challenging and winning titles and eventually back into the CL then its fine.

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

I would say there is no way we would get Rooney for various reasons but anyone who wouldnt take him should ask again. Rooney behind Morelos would be that creativity spark needed.

We do need to try get away from having loanees long term but in the meantime if it assists in building us back to challenging and winning titles and eventually back into the CL then its fine.

Sorry Gribz his legs are ckufed. He wouldn't last 5 games in Scotland.

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

He wouldn't come anyway ...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rooney-it-was-brilliant-to-score-against-rangers-1076894

Rooney: It was brilliant to score against Rangers at Ibrox because everyone knows I love Celtic

CHEEKY Wayne Rooney left Rangers with a parting shot as stinging as his penalty strike that brought an end to their Champions League dream.