Playground behaviour in the lounge

Right.

This morning I've just received a bunch of reports about the political 'debate' in this forum.

To say I'm surprised at this would be wrong as although I don't take part in these threads myself (for good reason it seems) myself and my fellow admin are well aware of the playground level of these discussions and the eagerness of each side to belittle and insult the other.  I'd rather leave you to embarrass yourselves but because my time is now being wasted and because none of you can play like big boys, I'l treat you like the children you want to be.

Political threads and discussion are banned for a week.  We will then consider allowing them but will closely monitor their content.  At that point, a strict warning/yellow/red card policy will be in place:

1. If I see anyone try to demean anyone else for their views they'll be warned, carded and then suspended from the Lounge.

2. If I see anyone use name-calling as a basis for their posts the same process will be followed.

3. If anyone tries to circumvent this I may consider an outright ban immediately.

Don't say you've not been warned and please, please don't test my patience.

Yours in great disappointment,

Matron Frankie.

I have also been soft on this point as I don't really care that much about politics but 12 + complaints while I was eating out with my wife on her birthday has pissed me off so I am also on the warpath and will be taking a harder hand.

41 minutes ago, pete said:

I have also been soft on this point as I don't really care that much about politics but 12 + complaints while I was eating out with my wife on her birthday has pissed me off so I am also on the warpath and will be taking a harder hand.

To be fair to you, anyone complaining about the content of those threads needs to chill out. It’s a discussion board. People shall always disagree.

• Frankie changed the title to OK, children - toys given back
  • Frankie locked this topic

Right that's been a week so you can now play with each other again.

I can see one or two people being grounded soon enough but the rules are clear enough so let's see who messes their nappy first.

• 7 months later...

Time to bump this thread with a couple of points of order.

1.  Please avoid making unsubstantiated allegations about other users, public figures and political parties.

2.  Please stop making vexatious reports about other users just because they may have dumped you before the school prom last year.  Just put them on ignore.

If people can't adhere to our very fair rules then they may be subject to our own version of VAR.

• Frankie changed the title to Playground behaviour in the lounge