[FT] Spartak 4 - 3 Rangers (Eremenko o.g. 5; Candeias 27; Middleton 42)

Hmm. I’m not sure Stevie G has chosen his strongest XI there. Worrall shouldn’t have been dropped, and Flanagan got dropped because he had a mare against Killie, so strange to bring him back for this one. I’m not bothered that Kent is missing because I am fed up with his feeble attempts to shoot from outside the box, however I do wonder if we are obliged to play these Liverpool loanees as I don’t think Ojaria & Kent are consistent enough, yet start every week! Big game for Katic, IMO

18 minutes ago, 917 said:

however I do wonder if we are obliged to play these Liverpool loanees as I don’t think Ojaria & Kent are consistent enough, yet start every week

I’ve wondered this re Kent because I’ve felt there should have been more rotation in his position, however I think Ejaria is a brilliant player. 

20 minutes ago, 917 said:

Hmm. I’m not sure Stevie G has chosen his strongest XI there. Worrall shouldn’t have been dropped, and Flanagan got dropped because he had a mare against Killie, so strange to bring him back for this one. I’m not bothered that Kent is missing because I am fed up with his feeble attempts to shoot from outside the box, however I do wonder if we are obliged to play these Liverpool loanees as I don’t think Ojaria & Kent are consistent enough, yet start every week! Big game for Katic, IMO

If I remember correctly the manager has already stated that the league is his priority so you should probably not expect the strongest line up.

Kent and Ejaria play most of the time because they are two of the best available options.  We don't have any players who play better consistently ...

Edited by ranger_syntax

The manager has picked the team, we all would pick different teams, they are all capable if the play their best, let's just get behind the team, this will be a very, very tough match regardless of who is picked.

• Frankie changed the title to Spartak Moscow 0 - 0 Rangers