[FT] Spartak 4 - 3 Rangers (Eremenko o.g. 5; Candeias 27; Middleton 42)

How many points is that we’ve dropped from winning positions? Gerrard needs to rip that midfield out & start again in January. No goals from midfield, nobody can win the ball, we can’t even retain possession. We keep failing to perform against very limited opposition & it better change soon!

4 minutes ago, 917 said:

How many points is that we’ve dropped from winning positions? Gerrard needs to rip that midfield out & start again in January. No goals from midfield, nobody can win the ball, we can’t even retain possession. We keep failing to perform against very limited opposition & it better change soon!

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Ok! I never, we are a far better team than we were last year, and I believe SG is the man to get us back to the top given time, but if some fans are expecting to go to Moscow and win already then that must mean SG is on the right road.

I honestly don’t think we have improved since Warburton left. Fair enough I wouldn’t have expected us to beat any Russian team away last season, but fact is they gifted us 3 goals, looked very short of confidence & basically had all but chucked it at half time. Their defenders barely even bothered tracking back for that chance we had at the start of the 2nd half. Doesn’t matter who you are playing, if you get ahead you have to see it out & we never turned up in the 2nd half. Though I will say, that if that Morelos goal had stood, we’d be looking at a great result, but overall we shot ourselves in the feet.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Was the Morelos goal off side? that would have been a 2-4 lead!.

It wasn't. They showed it during HT with a line drawn over the pitch. 

Alas, no injuries either ... the game with Motherwell's hammerthrowers and Thosmon will be bad enough.

Rangers never ever fail to ruin my mood.

Connor Goldson, a truly uncharacteristic performance from him today. He's never usually this bad.

Ejaria's passing was fucking criminal.

Once Spartak went up 4-3 they sat back a lot more. That's our problem. We can hit teams who play openly against us, hence why we took the lead 3 times today. But the moment a team sits back we have no answers. We are in desperate need of a player who can unlock packed defences.

Perhaps if Morelos' goal wasn't chopped off it might have ended differently. But still, conceding the way we did today was fucking criminal. There's ways to lose a game of football. That isn't it.

We are very lucky that Villarreal drew 0-0 with Rapid today. Means the group is still anyone's for the taking. Villarreal at home is a must win or there's no chance of us getting to the last 32.

europa.png

16 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

giphy.gif

We don’t have any more points in the league than at this stage last season, when we finished with precisely one more point than we finished the season before. The time to judge is the end of the season, but Warburton didn’t get anywhere near as much money as Caixinha & Gerrard. Which is why he left of course.