Carlos Pena leaves Rangers

• Frankie changed the title to Carlos Pena returning with immediate effect

Will be interesting to see what effect SG has on Pena.

We saw glimpses that there is a cracking players there...but Pedro was not the Coach/Manager to "tame the beast" (so to speak).   Will Gerrard fare any better???  It's worth a shot.

6 minutes ago, Darthter said:

We saw glimpses that there is a cracking players there...but Pedro was not the Coach/Manager to "tame the beast" (so to speak).   Will Gerrard fare any better???  It's worth a shot.

I don't think Ennio Morricone would get a tune out of Carlos.

He basically retired from top level professional football a while back, didn't share it with his employers and still pulls in the money.

Edited by buster.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would assume SG and Co. will run the rule over him and see whether he's up for it, on and off the field. He would need "close control" with the latter and has to agree to it.

There is an arguement to be made that we'd be better off securing a mutual deal on him leaving and having a little more cash for the wagebill.

Given we couldn't do it previously, that may be wishful thinking.

32 minutes ago, buster. said:

There is an arguement to be made that we'd be better off securing a mutual deal on him leaving and having a little more cash for the wagebill.

Given we couldn't do it previously, that may be wishful thinking.

I think that just cutting him loose would be a tad rash....let SG talk to him & see what he's like in training etc.  However it should be make VERY clear to Pena that this is the last chance saloon - if he doesn't impress, he's oot!!!

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

I don't think it is worth a shot.

He is much more likely to disrupt the dressing room than make a significant contribution to the first team.

The best option is to minimize the cost of his contract.