[FT] Rangers 7 - 1 Motherwell (Arfield 8', 61', Tavernier 35' pen, Morelos 38', Middleton 59', Grezda 68', 75')

Great boost going into this break. We finished off a poor 3 weeks with a performance that gives us encouragement in the squad to afront the challenge of 11 games in 36 days that awaits.

One game at a time though is the only way to go.

All eyes on Livingston at Ibrox and it has to be another 3 points.

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We win 7-1 and that's your comment?

Actually I thought I was commenting in the Katic thread but when I do choose to post maybe I'll run it past you first to make sure it meets with your approval eh?  

5 minutes ago, Briton said:

Actually I thought I was commenting in the Katic thread but when I do choose to post maybe I'll run it past you first to make sure it meets with your approval eh?  

Probably best you do.......

#FreedomOExpressionOfficer2

:thup:

Great result, the whole team played very well and very clinical, fantastic to see young Atakayi get on but obviously shame for the lad to go off so soon.

Don't understand how fans can moan at anyone after that result they all played their part IMO ?

Motherwell used to be decent not so long ago but they've just turned back into the usual over physical long ball side, thought the Ref did well today but still let them away with a lot, don't see how McHugh can moan at any of his bookings!

I don't understand why someone is either 100% crap or 100% brilliant in the eyes of some fans.

For me, Goldson has been our best centre half by some distance (anyone who thought he was off form recently clearly didn't watch the Killie game) and it's just a case of finding his best partner.  In that sense, Katic has been hard done by in losing his place but injury has played its part there.  Worrall seems inconsistent - just as he starts playing better, he's starts to looks ropey (again the Killie game) but generally I think he's useful to have.  Then, yesterday we see McAuley make his defensive debut (let's not count a corner in Russia) and he strolls through the game looking very impressive (albeit against ten men).

All things considered, I think we're quite lucky to have four good centre halves and it's up to the manager to pick the correct two and, for me, stick by them.  However given the sheer number of games coming up, all four will play their part.

In terms of Saturday's game, obviously the penalty and red card were key decisions and I'm still in shock Craig Thomson (no friend of Rangers) gave us two decisions for a change.

Despite this, the team played well either side of the penalty and I was really pleased we didn't get involved with Motherwell who, as usual, tried to drag the game into a physical contest.  Instead, as we should do in these games, we kept the ball, moved it about well and beat them convincingly with an excellent team performance.

I thought Tav, Arfield and Jack were the pick of the bunch and it's no coincidence that when Tav plays well, the team does too.

24 minutes ago, Frankie said:

In terms of Saturday's game, obviously the penalty and red card were key decisions and I'm still in shock Craig Thomson (no friend of Rangers) gave us two decisions for a change.

Despite this, the tam played well either side of the penalty and I was really pleased we didn't get imnvolved with Motherwell who, as usual, tried to drag the game into a physical contest.  Instead, as we should do in these games, we kept the ball, moved it about well and beat them convincingly with an excellent team performance.

I thought Tav, Arfield and Jack were the pick of the bunch and it's no coincidence that when Tav plays well, the team does too.

I agree those three played very well, but for me Grezda was the danger man.  They had no idea how to deal with him.  There was one piece of skill he did over at the corner flag.  I think there were three well players closing him and Tav down and he just spun them all and ran clear.  He can break through packed defences and I'm excited at how good he could be.