Brexit: Cabinet due to meet at 2pm to discuss draft deal agreed by UK & EU

1 hour ago, compo said:

I think we are watching a poorly played out cunning plan by May and her cronies to collapse all talks and keep us in the European  mafia .

It does remind me of a scene with a line-up of Baldrick (Gove), George (Johnson), Percy (Rees-Mogg) and General Melchett (Davis) et al,... all thinking about what they may get out of a political omnishambles (played out in 922 episodes over 3 years) that  they contribute toward but want the minimum of constructive involvement until it goes on a slowburn bang.

Edited by buster.

9 hours ago, compo said:

I think we are watching a poorly played out cunning plan by May and her cronies to collapse all talks and keep us in the European  mafia .

You may be spot on with that.

I dont think the BREXIT deal will get enough votes to go thro parliament.

Then there will be another referendum with a choice of NO DEAL BREXIT or REMAIN. I think REMAIN would win this time

Edited by RANGERRAB

21 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

You may be spot on with that.

I dont think the BREXIT deal will get enough votes to go thro parliament.

Then there will be another referendum with a choice of NO DEAL BREXIT or REMAIN. I think REMAIN would win this time

I doubt very much that there will be another referendum.

10 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

So what happens if the BREXIT deal doesn’t get enough votes to go through parliament? 

Remain MPs will draft up 20 options (all of which will include remaining in the customs union and single market) and we get to vote for a top 3.

No one reckoned Leave would win the referendum.  

At least we all now know that the general populace don't know what we're voting for (too stupid, apparently) and that British democracy is a sham.

The problem with a referendum is you need a government to put the result into practice.

Whether we’ve got that with BREXIT remains to be seen. 

I just don’t think this BREXIT deal will get enough votes in parliament to pass leaving a bit of a problem

Edited by RANGERRAB