Jamie Maclaren reveals Rangers fans threw coins at him

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I usually take an anvil to matches or at least a spear.  I tried a grand piano once but the stewards spotted it (they still let me in because it wasn't a sectarian piano).

I wasn't at the game but I heard the police were confiscating the Blue Order's harpoons, on the way into the Broomloan, that day.

Maybe if the police would be a bit more lenient then we wouldn't have any more coin throwing.

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I've attended literally hundreds of matches where coins were thrown at players or officials. It would be ridiculous to pretend it doesn't happen. It happens at lots of matches, not just matches involving Rangers or Neil Lennon. There is probably a correlation between the intensity of the match, controversial decisions and on-field behaviour and the quantity/regularity of things thrown from the crowd, but I doubt anyone has studied it fully. 

Some people in the crowd throw stuff. They shouldn't, they could really injure someone, not always the person they intended too either. But it's happened for decades and it's surprising to see people suddenly up in arms over it, did these people not attend matches before this season?? 

1 hour ago, compo said:

Count themselves lucky in my day they through Lanliq  bottles (empty  one's  ) .

That's why I tended to stand at back of terracing's in the old standing days.To avoid being hit may I add.

Edited by MacK1950
more text

At Tynecastle a good many years ago I was caught short and a guy behind me handed me a can. Gratefully I took it and started to relieve myself. The guy in front of me started to protest - the can had been opened at both ends. I must have narrowly avoided a good kicking!