TalkSport:Top 30 football stadiums in Europe ranked

special grounds

Top 30 football stadiums in Europe ranked, including Old Trafford, Anfield and Celtic Park – Tottenham’s new stadium to be new no.1?

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

special grounds

Top 30 football stadiums in Europe ranked, including Old Trafford, Anfield and Celtic Park – Tottenham’s new stadium to be new no.1?

Good to see Ibrox up there in the top 10 but it's hard to take the list that seriously as it has the London Stadium and Monaco's in the top 30 and has Wembley and the Nou Camp in the top 5.  The Nou Camp for all its size has zero atmosphere as all the noise just leaves the stadium as quickly as it is generated due to the lack of a roof structure. Wembley is a soulless corporate bowl. Horrible.

Without sounding utterly biased, I always laugh when I see Parkhead in any of these lists. Ok, it might generate a decent atmosphere inside but the carcass and infrastructure inside of the stadium inside looks like it's been put together by Primary School children. A few years back I had the "pleasure" of attending the Scotland V Ireland game at CP (it was a freebie) and I couldn't believe how shitty the whole place was. First of all we had the fun and games of thousands of people tripping over rubble to get to one entrance turnstyle. After that we were greeted by an internal structure that was patched up with various and irregular corrugated sheets that were painted in about 5 different shades of green, which looked less than safe. 5 star stadium my ass

I have been in the Dortmund stadium a number of times and while the atmosphere is good from the standing area the stadium is just a huge block of concrete. You almost have to have oxygen sitting in the top, back seats from the climb and the height you are at and you can just as well watch the ants moving about in your garden as that is approximately the view you have. My ex-colleague would probably kill me for this as he is Dortmund crazy but I was far more impressed with the Schalke stadium. Dortmund and Schalke hate each other as Rangers and Celtic.

Anywhere that has terracing and isn't built on the outskirts of town is good.  The modern, identikit stadiums are all crap.

My favourite grounds (that I have been to):

Ibrox Stadium

Highbury

Somerset Park

Links Park

Brockville

Special mentions go to Volksparkstadion (Hamburg), Craven Cottage and Hillsborough.

3 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Okay, so what's the definitive 'top grounds' for Gersnetters? Ibrox excluded. 

Good question ...

1.  San Siro (an amazing theatre for football)

2.  Wembley

3.  La Mestalla

4.  Camp Nou (It is old but it is still beautiful)

5.  Allianz

I appreciate we are all biased, but I really do think Ibrox is the best.  There's nowhere in the world I'd rather watch football.