Paul Gascoigne charged with sexual assault on Durham train

Gazza's story is that it was a heavy\fat lady and she was being pestered\insulted by a group of guy's. He stepped in and told them to leave her alone. He sat next to her and said you are beautiful from the inside and outside. I was also fat once and people bullied me. He put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek. I have no idea what is a sexual attack these days to be honest.

5 hours ago, pete said:

Gazza's story is that it was a heavy\fat lady and she was being pestered\insulted by a group of guy's. He stepped in and told them to leave her alone. He sat next to her and said you are beautiful from the inside and outside. I was also fat once and people bullied me. He put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the cheek. I have no idea what is a sexual attack these days to be honest.

Apparently he is being charged with “inappropriate touching”?? Whatever that is deemed to be? It smells like a stitch up to me but time will tell?

6 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Apparently he is being charged with “inappropriate touching”?? Whatever that is deemed to be? It smells like a stitch up to me but time will tell?

Can't be.  The fact he has been charged means he should be hung, drawn and quartered.....  I'm clearly being facetious but it really grinds my gears that "one of our own" is being condemned as guilty before we know pretty much any of the story.

Gazza's manager told him to say nothing - but it is abundantly clear that Gazza wears his heart on his sleeve and comes across as one of those "my life is an open book" type of person.  So he spoke his side of the story.

Sounds to me as if it is another #metoo looking for their 15 minutes of fame - at the expense of a "celebrity" who has no demons to seek. I can only hope that Gazza doesn't end up off the deep end over this.  If he is guilty then so be it and he will, as he should, suffer the consequences.  If, however, it is found that the accuser is making false accusation then she should be forced to suffer the sentence he would otherwise face - false accusations are infuriating.

I watched a news segment on a young guy who was a 20 or 21 yr old college student.  Girl accuses him of rape, he gets charged, goes all the way through the justice system, they find out the prosecution had withheld evidence which proved the girl was the one harassing him and made a false accusation due to his spurning of her advances.... his reputation was in tatters, regardless of the fact he was innocent - and, all the while, she could hide behind the veil of anonymity - where is the justice in that ???  It is so inherently unjust that it would be laughable, if it weren't for the fact it is ruining people's reputations and lives.

3 hours ago, craig said:

she could hide behind the veil of anonymity

I think the accuser should be identified as in this instance a life has been destroyed,also any credibility in the justice system is tattered by the withholding of facts/evidence and the prosecutor be cited for contempt of court for his actions.

I agree that the Gazza case is yet another social mhedia/look at me and believe me stunt.The female should be identified.

20 hours ago, craig said:

Talk about a quantum leap of epic proportions...  Who needs enemies and all that.

He's been charged, how about we actually let the case run its course before we jump to condemnation ?

Innocent until proven guilty and all that, no ?

I am not defending him if he has done this - but we have seen plenty of examples of false accusation - just look at your own neck of the woods where it is now known that at least one of Kavanaugh's accusers admitted to fabricating the allegation.

I believe the Gaza version of events in large part because it sounds like something he would do.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

If his accuser had to declare her identity you can be sure this case would never have come to court. Either both should enjoy anonymity ... or neither

Why do you think it would not have come to court if the alleged victim could not 'enjoy' anonymity?