Solanke to Rangers?

58 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You would think he absolutely has to go somewhere on loan in January because he's not going to get into that all conquering Liverpool team. He's at such an important stage of his development he has to be playing first team football.

A whole host of English Championship clubs would jump at the chance but we hold an ace card in Stevie G. Liverpool trust him to not just utilise their young loanees but to actually develop them.

"all conquering Liverpool team" ????  :roflmao: - they haven't won a trophy under Klopp but they are "all conquering" - please !!!  What a load of nonsense

On 24/11/2018 at 10:17, der Berliner said:

Sadiq remains an enigma, but IMHO mostly because of a) his lack of game time and b) not much real info about his progress. Every time he played he looked decent enough, IF you be fair and judge him by the lack of competitive action and game time he's been given.

Sadiq is not an enigma.

Sadiq has never been an enigma.

Mostly because he is terrible at football.

26 minutes ago, craig said:

"all conquering Liverpool team" ????  :roflmao: - they haven't won a trophy under Klopp but they are "all conquering" - please !!!  What a load of nonsense

I get your point but in comparison to their most recent history they're all conquering. They're currently in the midst of their best ever start to a Premier league season one of only 2 sides still unbeaten in the league.

They have been transformed into not just a certain top 4 side but genuine title challengers and Champions league finalists last season. Klopp already has legendary status in Liverpool despite the lack of a trophy.  

24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I get your point but in comparison to their most recent history they're all conquering. They're currently in the midst of their best ever start to a Premier league season one of only 2 sides still unbeaten in the league.

They have been transformed into not just a certain top 4 side but genuine title challengers and Champions league finalists last season. Klopp already has legendary status in Liverpool despite the lack of a trophy.  

No, sorry JFK, but I just can't be having these superlatives when they are very, very clearly factually incorrect.

Have they won the League since Klopp came ?  No.  So they aren't "all-conquering" in the EPL

Have they won the League Cup since Klopp came ?  No.  So they aren't "all-conquering" in the League Cup

Have they won the FA Cup since Klopp came ?  No.  So they aren't "all-conquering" in the FA Cup

Have they won the Champions League since Klopp came ?  No.  So they aren't "all-conquering" in the Champions League

They haven't won a single competition since Klopp came in so there is absolutely zero justification to suggest they are all-conquering.  Are they a better team now than prior to Klopp ?  Absolutely.  Vastly superior ?  Absolutely.  All-conquering ?  Not a chance.

There really is no way that you can attempt to spin this.  They simply cannot be considered all-conquering, in ANY competition, until they actually win it.  The other justifications you give do nothing more than defend that Liverpool have improved under Klopp - but in no way do they justify the term "all-conquering".

And, yes, some of the above is my general annoyance at superlatives, particularly unwarranted ones.  We have players we call legend for having played less than 100 games for us.  As a society we throw around superlatives far, far too easily these days.  And it grinds my gears.

Back on topic....

Solanke for Sadiq would at least mean we have an option for when Morelos and Lafferty are injured or suspended.  Right now Sadiq isn't even an option - so punt one for the other and we improve the squad.  Whether Solanke is good enough to help us win the league is another matter, but in Stevie G and Mark Allen I trust.

We need a creative midfielder and a striker, at the very least.  

Keeper we are good, unless Wes leaves.

Full backs we are fine too

CB's I would have said we were light until I saw how assured big McAuley looks - turn of the year and it will be McAuley plus one other

Central holding midfield - we are fine - Jack doing very well indeed and plenty of others there too.

Wings we should be Ok too with Kent/Middleton/Grezda/Candeais

We need a striker to ease the pressure on Morelos - not that El Bufalo seems to mind the pressure :D and we need a creative playmaker to unlock stubborn defences.

We aren't in too bad a position all things told - need consistency in performance though and we might be in with a chance...

1 hour ago, craig said:

Back on topic....

Solanke for Sadiq would at least mean we have an option for when Morelos and Lafferty are injured or suspended.  Right now Sadiq isn't even an option - so punt one for the other and we improve the squad.  Whether Solanke is good enough to help us win the league is another matter, but in Stevie G and Mark Allen I trust.

We need a creative midfielder and a striker, at the very least.  

Keeper we are good, unless Wes leaves.

Full backs we are fine too

CB's I would have said we were light until I saw how assured big McAuley looks - turn of the year and it will be McAuley plus one other

Central holding midfield - we are fine - Jack doing very well indeed and plenty of others there too.

Wings we should be Ok too with Kent/Middleton/Grezda/Candeais

We need a striker to ease the pressure on Morelos - not that El Bufalo seems to mind the pressure :D and we need a creative playmaker to unlock stubborn defences.

We aren't in too bad a position all things told - need consistency in performance though and we might be in with a chance...

Do you think Lafferty is really an option though Craig?  I just can't see what he offers and tan the moment it's Morelos and then no one.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Do you think Lafferty is really an option though Craig?  I just can't see what he offers and tan the moment it's Morelos and then no one.

Which is why I said we need another striker.  Lafferty is a squad player IMO - did you miss the part where I said "we need a striker to ease the pressure on Morelos" ?  Sure, I mentioned Lafferty being injured or suspended but I would suspect that Solanke would jump ahead of him in the queue too.

Lafferty serves a purpose, at times.  But is he the desired quality to land us the league ?  If we are still in with a shout in the final 5 games then maybe, as has been his history :D

38 minutes ago, rbr said:

Don't want another player on loan , especially one who doesn't play week in week out, and unless we are going to play2 up top he won't play every week for us either ,.

But surely if we swap Sadiq's wages for Solanke we get an immediate improvement on the squad.  Sadiq is the invisible man - so you would prefer to do what ?  Keep him over Solanke ?  Send Sadiq back to Rome, giving us just Morelos and Lafferty as striking options ?

You don't need players who play every week, but you DO need players who can be called upon to be reliable when they ARE needed.  Would Solanke be that person ?  Who knows.  But he certainly wouldn't give us any less impact than Sadiq has.