Brexit Shame

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Please desist from the personal comments -- both of you. 

Childish.

There is one poster who made it personal, so why use "both" ?

A bit of cut and thrust within the topic is normal and needed for healthy debate but it shouldn't get personal (and get some of the personal insinuations wrong).

Bill

I'm not sure I rate the views of people who choose not to live in or contribute to this country and who depend on membership of the EU to sustain their lifestyle. I'm sure you'll understand why. Cheers ?

Last week I received an official warning for less.

Edited by buster.

17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Putting a target on Johnny Foreigner’s back? How so in the context of this discussion? 

Some of the No Dealers want to push the confrontation angle and have peope forget about detail or how their government is 'handling' this.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Immigration and foreign policy are issues for the voting public and the government.  Discussing such matters is vital if we wish to remain, in any way, democratic.

Yes, but pushing the confrontation angle is something else that looks to do away with discussing meaningful detail and instead, get angry.

For similar, see the SNP talking about the English prior to any election.

57 minutes ago, buster. said:

There is one poster who made it personal, so why use "both" ?

A bit of cut and thrust within the topic is normal and needed for healthy debate but it shouldn't get personal (and get some of the personal insinuations wrong).

Last week I received an official warning for less.

Because it's generally one of you, in response to the other. 

I let the more esteemed mods deal with official warnings. I'm still a newbie in that regard. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Some of the No Dealers want to push the confrontation angle and have peope forget about detail or how their government is 'handling' this.

I don’t think so. No dealers are too busy excoriating the government to bother about Johnny Foreigner.

Here’s an extreme comparison: the European Commission and the politburo of the Soviet Union.

I did say “extreme”.

38 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Are you asking him to offer up his subjective opinion in an objective way?

:D

I always try to be objective ... and I hope you're not too offended by me making such a personal observation. ?

20 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I don’t think so. No dealers are too busy excoriating the government to bother about Johnny Foreigner.

Here’s an extreme comparison: the European Commission and the politburo of the Soviet Union.

I did say “extreme”.

You don't have to go far to see it.

Just to be clear, I'm not a 'fan' of much of the EU and it's ways and have stated so. It's fundamentaly flawed.

However, the alternative on the table is also fundamentaly flawed.

The Political system as is, needs changed if the majority of the people want a chance of being properly represented.

21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Because it's generally one of you, in response to the other. 

I let the more esteemed mods deal with official warnings. I'm still a newbie in that regard. 

Copyright Kevin Clancy

Devlin v Arfield and 2 Yellow Cards

:thup::D