Celtic and Rangers face lap of honour crackdown

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

The debrief states: “Celtic team lap of honour was not helpful as Celtic fans did not leave. The team coming to the south-east corner was a clear flashpoint for the Rangers fans.

“Apparently in direct response to player behaviour, crowd surged forward down on to the platform and over the wheelchair users. Increased aggression towards police broke through holdback at vomitories.”

Maybe forlanssister can verify this, but from reading the above you would assume that it was in the Rangers end where wheelchair users were harmed, when it was in fact Yahoos spilling over to the barriers and then Rangers and other wheelchair users, turning one over? Thus, a straightfaced lie blackmailing our support?

Same may be said about the police, who, instead of e.g. removing Griffiths from the scene, marched into our section, did they not?

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, pete said:

Why would it cause a crush if fans know they can't leave and need to stay in their seats?  I am not sure why you think entertainment is so stupid they could have youth players playing a game or something. If the away end is cleared they could let the players back on for their round of honour. Is leaving before the end or shortly after such a necessity these days.

People would be queuing up to leave. They'd be queued up on the stairs waiting to get out, or crushed in the concourse.

Most people aren't interested in the entertainment they put on at half time, so I can't see why they would be interested in it at the end of a game.

The mentality of home fans is different from away fans. I had something on and to leave the game on Saturday slightly early. Am I now going to  stopped from doing that? 

The club should be treating home fans as a priority.

56 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Maybe forlanssister can verify this, but from reading the above you would assume that it was in the Rangers end where wheelchair users were harmed, when it was in fact Yahoos spilling over to the barriers and then Rangers and other wheelchair users, turning one over? Thus, a straightfaced lie blackmailing our support?

Same may be said about the police, who, instead of e.g. removing Griffiths from the scene, marched into our section, did they not?

It was the Rangers end where the wheelchair users were hurt, they were hurt by the Rangers fans rushing forward. There was no involvement of Celtic fans in  that incident. This is not the first incident of its type and sadly given the pathetic responses to our concerns won't be the last.

Police actions and inactions contributed to the incident. 

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Holding fans back is a good idea in principle but to me makes no sense as anyone who is going to be looking for confrontation will await their "rivals" anyway.

Stopping the goading of rival teams fans by players certainly should be stopped but players going to their own fans to me is acceptable.

Rangers players get stopped by the stewards getting near the Rangers fans when we score at the piggery

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

That's totally impractical. Are they going to lock all the gates at Ibrox and stop 50.000 trying to leave?

I'm not sure how the police prevent away supporters from leaving.

I do know that they are not allowed to lock the exits though.