Eejits (AEK v Ajax)

My God where were security as these fans entered the stadium? How do you get petroleum through the turnstiles?
Somebody's head should roll for this. 
Instead of a football match that looks like a war zone. Incredible, when you consider the damage that could have been caused.

The fans run football in a lot of European countries.  The security will likely have been paid off or told to shut up.  

I take it you don't keep abreast of football in the Balkans, JFK?  This incident isn't surprising at all.  I'm more surprised that anyone is actually surprised. 

I watched the whole second half and the incident wasn't mentioned once.  

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The fans run football in a lot of European countries.  The security will likely have been paid off or told to shut up.  

I take it you don't keep abreast of football in the Balkans, JFK?  This incident isn't surprising at all.  I'm more surprised that anyone is  actually surprised. 

I watched the whole second half and the incident wasn't mentioned once.  

Well I think if that's the state of security in some of these nations it's even more reason for UEFA to take drastic action. We can draw teams from such nations in Euro competition.

If petrol bombs aren't a watershed moment for UEFA what can be? Hand grenades? Bazookas? 

We have played in Macedonia, Russia, Croatia and Slovenia already this season.  

The Ajax fans seemed to be having a good night.

I'm planning to take in a Partizan Belgrade match in February.  Cannae wait.

I'm glad they ran out comfortable winners leaving the conquerors of the yahoos still pointless after 5 games. But I don't think all the Ajax fans are having a good night and I hope they get out of there safely.

1_FBL-EUR-C1-AEK-ATHENS-AFC-AJAX.jpg

Rangers fans got pelted with objects for the full 90 mins in Athens in 1994.  

Bucharest was far worse though, according to the Bears I know who attended our matches there.  The Police joined in with their batons.

The Ajax fans know how to look after themselves.

Edited by Gonzo79

33 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Aek should never play in europe again after that 

Be careful what you wish for...

Go down 'strict liability' route and Lawwell and his pals at UEFA will make sure we're facing bans too.