Rangers lotto

I'm a failed Jakey. When I was young and stupid I was always trying to drink as much or even more than all the other young and stupid and in general I did. But there was a difference between them and me.

For example we could go out on a Friday night and drink ourselves into a jail bait stupor and next day they could resume where we had left off and do it all over again. I couldn't. I was always sick as a dug and to such an extent that I was still too messed up to go to work one Monday after one of these Friday night sessions.

So, failed alcy. And in fact more than one of those young and stupid drinking partners did indeed progress to full blown alcy.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I am a very sensible person with or without drink, I enjoy a few beers is all, sociable chap that I am ?

you are the sensible one I agree, I've got a car service and MOT coming up but sure i'll have some change to get you's a drink :whistle:

I have had not a drop of alcohol since I left Scotland over six and a half years ago though I didn't make a decision to stop drinking or anything like that. It's just that my American wife doesn't drink and there isn't the same pub culture here.