[FT] Hearts 1 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 34; Morelos 41)

This is a huge match for Rangers, bigger than the Villarreal match, a chance to go top is a massive incentive and our players should take advantage of this opportunity. If Kille beat Hibs today at home they will jump above us in the league so this is a must win match, if we are serious about challenging for the title then it starts here.

I agree with the sentiments that this is a huge opportunity that we simply MUST grasp. It is in our recent DNA to royally balls up any good opportunity like this (see the LCSF as the latest evidence) and we really must show some testicular fortitude in these big games or we will continue to be hailed as big game bottlers.

Hearts form has gone since losing the big centre forward whose name escapes me (not Lafferty, the other big guy!) and who was very impressive any time I seen him, as well as Naismith and Berra has shown that their depth is not as good as others and they have struggled. I am not sure if any of those 3 are back (Berra is I think) for tomorrow but the other 2 will be a big miss. No matter how they line up, it is well within our capabilities to go there and win given what is at stake. To go top will force the media and the bheasts to wake up and realise there could very well be a title race for this first time in 8 years, not to mention give us some confidence that this could be possible.

Tynecastle is always a good atmosphere and a tough challenge, but good Rangers sides have usually done well there. Heres hoping we are all searching for copies of the league table come full time and then I will gladly take a Dolly victory at Hampden to stop all talk of another treble and put more pressure on Brendan who I believe will crack if we can put sustained pressure on him.

Its up to us, lets get it done!

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Teams tend to up their game against us.  We have lost comprehensively every time we've played them at Tynecastle since we returned to the top flight.

Hearts 1 Rangers 3 October 2017. Were you not there ??

54 minutes ago, les186 said:

Hearts 1 Rangers 3 October 2017. Were you not there ??

It was the only away game I've attended since we returned to the top flight.

It was at Murrayfield (that was precisely the reason I went).  I did state Tynecastle in my post.

Edited by Gonzo79

I would stick with young Middleton, he is a strong lad and well capable of handling 1st team football. Tin hat on here but I am not convinced with Grezda! I know he hasn't had much game time but he doesn't do it for me,YET!!!.

We're a better team than them. Just one line of evidence to support that assertion lies in the fact we have a +24 GD to their +4. Such vastly different numbers don't occur by accident.

That doesn't guarantee anything but it should go some way to getting us a win if the team play to their capabilities. It's probably our hardest away test this side of the new year. If we come through it with full points we can begin to consolidate a gap between us and the chasing pack.

This is indeed a key match.